Nashville, TN

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by dt1611, Jun 14, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

dt1611

Will be there as early as possible on iDay

2. macrumors member

cbigfoot1987

i will be at the greenhills apple. :D:D Do we know what time the launch will be??? will it be at opening? or will it be at 6pm as before?

Edit: reading some other things it looks as if it is the 6pm launch as before.

In any case i will probably be sporting either my Midnight Blue XPS M1530 and/or my macbook pro Which has a griffin sticker on it from last year when griffin gave those of us waiting in line a goodie bag. I cant wait!!!

3. macrumors newbie

i will be at the green hills mall...or possibly the AT&T store across the street

4. macrumors newbie

centre{source} will be there!

There will be a few of us from centre{source} to pick up our new phones @ Green Hills! See you all there!

5. macrumors newbie

See ya there

I am planning to be at the Apple Store in Green Hills. Unless of course I decide to forgo the fanfare and visit a secret AT&T store with no line instead.

6. macrumors member

I'm still thinking that it's going to be like the initial release and there will be plenty for latecomers. Hence why I'll probably be showing up around seven to pick mine up. That and I'll have to drag the person who's upgrade I'll be using along with me! :D:apple:

7. macrumors newbie

i do want to go to the apple store...for some reason i think the activation will run more smoothly there. but does anyone know what the expected crowds are? how early should i get there to make sure i walk away with what i want

8. macrumors newbie

Apple Store Greenhills

I will be there at 4AM if necessary to get the new iPhone for my consulting clients.

9. macrumors newbie

I'll be getting off work downtown around 5 or a little before... I live in Clarksville so here's the problem: get the iPhone in Nashville while I'm there, OR head back to Clarksville where it will probably be less busy?? (this is of course assuming launch is at 6pm)
    :(:confused::eek:

10. macrumors 6502

CashGap

I'll be there, 4:30pm likely.

I need to figure out how to:

1. Buy a 3G iPhone
    2. Activate it on our enterprise AT&T wireless account
    3. Port my number from Verizon

Ugh. Doesn't sound fun.

11. macrumors newbie

i'll probably be heading straight there after my senior pictures in the morning. seeing as my iPhone's screen cracked in an unfortunate accident, I am very anxious to get the 3g

12. macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

Still a bit up in the air, but I should be there around my lunch break (11:30 ish)... Just can't resist. :D

13. macrumors newbie

Heard from an AT&T guy....

my friend is ranked above AT&T store manager and he said the word is as of now to open the AT&T stores at 8AM that is early and unusual time to open the stores....

I will be there very early!!!!

14. macrumors newbie

15. macrumors 6502

jsquared

I made a thread for the Cool Springs area, to no avail, as of yet. I see most of ya'll are heading to Green Hills. What kind of lines are you guys expecting? I'm trying to figure out when to show up.:apple:

16. macrumors newbie

i may go at 5am

i may go at 5am...

but if there are campers, i will go earlier...

17. macrumors 6502

jsquared

I get of work around 4:15-4:30 Thursday and if I see people in line I'll go grab, a book, a chair, and a pillow and post up. For work's sake I hope that's not what happens.:apple:

18. macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

So anyone have any clues on what the availability level will be here?

19. macrumors 6502

jsquared

I was told by an employee at the AT&T store in Cool Springs that they had a line of at least a hundred people. The store only had 45 phones....

20. macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

Well, I think the :apple: store will be it for me. I'm just trying to decide on what time to get there.... since they open at 8:00 AM, it opens up an "on the way to work" stop...:D

21. macrumors newbie

in line at apple store now

22. thread starter macrumors newbie

dt1611

Got to the Apple Green Hills at 8:20pm

I am fourth in line, it is now 10:15pm and there is eight people here

23. macrumors 6502

jsquared

I'm at the cool springs AT&T store. There's about 20 people. I'm 4th. We were on the channel 4 news and fox news. Theyll have a story in the business section of the tennesseen tomorrow. One kid has been here since 6 am

24. macrumors member

You guys are nuts! lol

I'll be there about 2:30 to try and get mine. Heh, we'll see!

25. macrumors newbie

ah damn yall are making me feel so inferior!
    i had to make an executive decision: purchase in clarksville then head to work in nashville. fingers crossed i get the phone and make it to the frist w/o being late... or too late. snap i really should be in line right now...:mad: