Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gammamonk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Madison, WI
A recent post on penny arcade inspired me to start a nasty desk contest. I don't think Tycho's desk is that bad, and to prove it, I'm posting my co-worker's desk.

Can you beat this?

Attachments

• 2006.05.24.jpg
    2006.05.24.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 447

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Wow that is just plain wrong haha. I would just set fire to that entire thing and do your co-worker a favor!

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
Mine would probably win right now.

But since I have at least one shred of dignity I wont post it.

Hopefully I will not be procrastinating tomorrow and will clean if off to set up my new display and mini which are still in the box.:rolleyes:

gammamonk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Madison, WI
technicolor said:
Mine would probably win right now.

But since I have at least one shred of dignity I wont post it.

Hopefully I will not be procrastinating tomorrow and will clean if off to set up my new display and mini which are still in the box.:rolleyes:
Hehehe, don't tease us like that. Swallow your pride! It's for the amusement of everyone on MR! ^__^

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Two days too late. Two days ago I had to containers growing mold on my desk. :p My desk is still a mess, but minus a few microorganisms.

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
gammamonk said:
Hehehe, don't tease us like that. Swallow your pride! It's for the amusement of everyone on MR! ^__^
Umm no I dont need the nice ppl at MR thinking of me as a slob:p . It will be cleaned tomorrow.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Sadly, I only clean my desk when my girlfriend is in town, or when I take a photo for the "Post your Mac setup" thread. I would get a photo if my camera wasn't broken now, because it's definitely at its worst. I've moved on to working on the bed from the desk, because it's impossible to use!

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
wrc fan said:
I don't remember where I saw it, but there was one picture of a desk I saw where it was all yellow and ash-laden from the guy smoking all the time. That is the nastiest desk I have ever seen.

Was it... this?
dirty_keyboard.jpg

nukiduz

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2006
clayj said:
Must be someone in Germany. (When my family lived there, our German friends were ALWAYS trying to get us to supply them with Lucky Strikes.)
yup it must be a german guy. look a the bottle in the left: there's 'sprüdel' written on it. it means soda water, very popular in germany.

Black&Tan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2004
clayj said:
Must be someone in Germany. (When my family lived there, our German friends were ALWAYS trying to get us to supply them with Lucky Strikes.)

I don't know...it looks like the desk of a web developer I used to work with. He had a small 8 x 8 office, and he closed the door and smoked all day/night whenever he was in. You couldn't get within five feet without feeling dirty.

gammamonk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Madison, WI
That's sick. Is that Booze on the right hand side? (Not that I'm critizing, when I posted my desk a few months back, I had a bottle of Whiskey in the shot).

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
gammamonk said:
That's sick. Is that Booze on the right hand side? (Not that I'm critizing, when I posted my desk a few months back, I had a bottle of Whiskey in the shot).
Yeah, it's gin. So this guy has a cigarette ON HIS KEYBOARD, gin and mixer, a pack of Lucky Strikes, and Pepcid... no doubt something he has to take to counteract all of the booze and nicotine he's ingesting. :rolleyes:

Cloudgazer

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2005
RSA
Dandaman said:
Are those baked potatoes wrapped in foil?

daniel

I was wondering the same thing.

cigarettes and ash everywhere = no big deal
alcohol on your desk = no big deal
sodawater = no big deal
But friggin baked potatoes????? Thats just wrong man, just plain wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.