NAT error, I did the Port-Forwding RIGHT!?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by inq314, Apr 5, 2006.

1. inq314 macrumors newbie

Nov 3, 2005
    So hypothetically, if someone was using Azureus, and a torrent was working very well then all of a sudden halted, then trickled along at 500b/sec. The the user, well he realized that he was using the port which the Azureus-wiki says not to use.

Now he tried using other ports, but then discovered it was necessary to forward this new port through his SEIMENS 2614 router. Luckily he found quite concise directions on how to do this on

So he chose a random port, lets say it was 64721. And he followed the very simple directions, that included, fowarding the port through TCP, and then again through UDP.

When he checked the port on the Azureus Firewall/NAT Test, it read NAT error. It really shouldnt have now.:confused: :p

I can only think of two causes. One is that he chose a bad port maybe? He should just try any number of different ports, until one works? Or possibly years ago, did something wrong, and his router's address is instead of the standard ...254.254.

ANY help for this non existant, hypothetical person would be much appreciated.
  2. Sogo macrumors 6502

Jan 4, 2004
    I know how you feel! Our school does not do anything to inhibit us from using bittorrent. I asked a friend of mine who works on the servers, so i think its safe to believe him. Also, my friends seem to get bittorrent to work well on their computers, as well as a few other macs...

Beats me on why you still get NAT, but i just wanted to rant along with you. :p
  3. Unnamed1 macrumors member

Oct 4, 2005
    If it helps I have just redid my azureus stuff as it says on the wiki.

I had the same problem and turning off the firewall in system preferences/sharing fixed it?
  4. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Does Port fowarding only apply to users with Routers?

I don't use a router, so does Port Forwarding not apply to me?

just wondering.

Good luck with your issue.:)
  5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    Port Forwarding is only applicable to routers.
  6. mileslong macrumors 6502

Apr 29, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    on five different computers with different setups i have NEVER gotten anythign but a yellow NAT error symbol. the elusive green one i think is just a myth...