National City online banking problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by buryyourbrideau, May 19, 2005.

1. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

Alert - browser does not meet requirements

Your browser does not meet minimum security requirements for Online Banking. If your browser does not support 128-bit encryption, you will not be able to enroll in Online Banking. In addition, your browser version must be Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher, or Netscape Navigator® 7.0 or higher

uh oh!

so is there a way to get safari to have 128 encrypt. or no

am i screwed on online banking on my mac?

:confused:

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Quit Safari.

Turn on Debug mode.

Then restart it. You'll see a "Debug" menu. Once at the banking site's main page, select Debug->User Agent->Windows MSIE 6.0. Edit: you might need to select this before going to the main page; some trial and error should work it out. Your encryption is fine; the bank just doesn't recognize our browser.

Odds are the site will work fine. Note that you need to do this every time you visit - the User Agent only is valid for that session/window.

3. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

thanks a bunch

seems to be working ok

will there be any bugs or problems if i leave the debug menu up all the time?

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

No problems whatsoever - mine's been up with various Safari versions for well over a year. if you don't touch it, it's as though it isn't there.

5. snkTab macrumors 6502a

snkTab