Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I have no idea who comes up with this silliness (it could be me, for all I know:p), but there it is...National Coffee Month...in the US!

So to all you coffee freaks out there...it is required that during this month that you get wired to the eyeballs!

Enjoy your coffee!:D

Origin of this Holiday
Our research did not find the creator, or the origin of this day. We did however find that this holiday has been celebrated for many years. There is plenty of documentation to support that National Coffee Month does indeed exist but we don't know by who or why.
This holiday is referred to as a "National" day. However, we did not find any congressional records or presidential proclamations for this day. Even though we didn't, this is still a holiday that is publicized to celebrate.
So have fun with it and celebrate it!

Source

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
"Wired To The Eye-Balls". Nice description….

I think I can manage that……….most worthy ambition. Today was a small, limited, experiment…….a day whence I consumed a mere five double espressos. However, I have no doubt at all that I shall manage to exceed that on subsequent occasions…..

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Wonderful! Every coffee this month will now be a mindful participation with other coffee lovers around the world.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
"Wired To The Eye-Balls". Nice description….

I think I can manage that……….most worthy ambition. Today was a small, limited, experiment…….a day whence I consumed a mere five double espressos. However, I have no doubt at all that I shall manage to exceed that on subsequent occasions…..

You make my espresso consumption seem quite minimal!

Wonderful! Every coffee this month will now be a mindful participation with other coffee lovers around the world.

My Aeropress already gets put to great use. Now more so this month I guess. Enjoy !!

Any excuse works for me, too.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
When I'm not experimenting with other types, I usually drink 2 cups of Columbian every day, every month! :D

Keep experimenting! Lots of good SO and blends from other places....

Meanwhile, enjoy your Columbian in this very special month!:p

Shrink

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I do not understand how I can drink more coffee than I'm drinking already? I'm tapped out.

If you haven't reached this point yet...

Nervous%20Man.png

...you're not trying hard enough!:eek:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Ahh, National Coffee month. What a fine month it is to honor our most cherished and favorite beverage.

I believe I will try to make a different type of coffee every chance I get this month while referencing The Great Coffee App for iOS.

Tonight I made a Flat White, which is a double shot of espresso and 3-4oz of frothed milk wherein you remove the micro foam and pour in the milk. It tasted quite nice.

Attachments

• 2014-08-03 20.22.46.jpg
    2014-08-03 20.22.46.jpg
    532.3 KB · Views: 213

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I got lazy over the summer, put away my French press and have been using K-cups all the time. Lately it's mostly 8 O’Clock Original (which makes a fairly strong cup that I doctor with a hefty pour of skim milk). I bought a 72-count crate of those things not long ago, but maybe in honor of National Coffee Month, I need to get back to grinding some selected beans myself, at least on weekends.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I got lazy over the summer, put away my French press and have been using K-cups all the time. Lately it's mostly 8 O’Clock Original (which makes a fairly strong cup that I doctor with a hefty pour of skim milk). I bought a 72-count crate of those things not long ago, but maybe in honor of National Coffee Month, I need to get back to grinding some selected beans myself, at least on weekends.

8 O'Clock Original? No wonder you have to drown it in milk.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Ahh, National Coffee month. What a fine month it is to honor our most cherished and favorite beverage.

Beer. Really, it's beer. I wouldn't joke about a thing like that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_in_the_United_States
The United States produced 196 million barrels of beer in 2012, and consumes roughly 28 US gallons (110 L) of beer per capita annually.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics_of_coffee#Consumption
In the year 2000 in the US, coffee consumption was 22.1 gallons (100.468 litres) per capita.​

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
Anyone looking for an intriguing ten-minute read about coffee ought to take a look at Alexis Madrigal's Atlantic piece on Blue Bottle Coffee; its founder James Freeman; and its efforts to bring it particularly delicious New Orleans Iced Coffee to the wider world.

“For me, no matter when I got to bed, I always felt a sense of dread when the alarm went off at 4 a.m.,” Freeman wrote of roasting. “Classic Kierkegaard, straight out of The Concept of Anxiety: animals are slaves to their instincts and hence feel no responsibility, but humans are free and therefore constantly aware of their failure to live up to their responsibilities to God—or to Coffee.”

Even if you don't like iced coffee, its a fascinating portrait of a coffee idealist and his mission to bring his product - and his company - to the wider world.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Beer. Really, it's beer. I wouldn't joke about a thing like that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_in_the_United_States
The United States produced 196 million barrels of beer in 2012, and consumes roughly 28 US gallons (110 L) of beer per capita annually.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics_of_coffee#Consumption
In the year 2000 in the US, coffee consumption was 22.1 gallons (100.468 litres) per capita.​

I'm with this guy.
:D

I love my coffee though, quite a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.