National Guard - slow learners

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Feb 22, 2004.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/22/international/middleeast/22LOUI.html

Check out the brain on the Lt Col. He should run for President.

He couldn't run on the Republican ticket, they wouldn't want someone who'd make GWB look bad.

After all, not only does he have some semblence of a brain, but he actually works rather than ducks National Service.

2. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

Diamond, you just don't quit do you.
    Where did these quotes come from?
    Have you sided with Perle & Frum in the War mongering faction?
    I believe in Kick Ass and take names later, but just make damn sure you can back up your ass kincking and come out smelling like a rose!

3. diamond geezer thread starter macrumors regular

Err, NY Times article.

It's not my fault that they charge a subscription.

4. diamond geezer thread starter macrumors regular

That's a fine sentiment....

As long as it's not your door being kicked down!

5. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

6. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

You still didn't answer my question. Where did you get those quotes from? OK New York Times but, You post a link to a page that requires a subscription name and password?
    what gives?

And what are you worried about, that you have to ask me that?
    Sparky

7. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

He did answer, NY Times Article.

8. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

See above, above. As he stated it isn't his fault you have to have a subscription.

9. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

OK lets take inventory here.
    I am on the conservative side of the fence.
    I am NOT a registered Republican
    I believe in a lot of the GOP platform but I can not stand the destruction of our natural resources, i.e. strip mining, bulldozing landscape for oil profit. But on the other hand I can't see the other far side like Green Peace. I want my guns, and I want women to have the choice. I want clean air to breath, and medical coverage for my family that is reasonable, ($20 co-pay—OK). I want to be able to demand the salary I feel I deserve commensurate on my abilities, without the influence of some union. "If I'm good pay me for it". If I have left anything out, tell me and I'm sure I'll have a comment on it!
    NOW leave me the hell alone!!

10. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

11. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Nah, you are like most Americans. Frustrated because you don't fall in line with the Democrats or the Republicans. The problem is, how do you vote? What are the more important issues?

My mom votes on one issue which kills me. I can't do that. I have to vote on several issues and sometimes I'm more voting against someone than for someone.

12. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Back to the thread. :)

Face it: The military is not meant for peace keeping. It's for killing and breaking. What's needed now are police who are backed up by military. Two different missions; two different types of training.

It ain't the Nationa Guard who's at fault. It's the whole package of Beltway Bandits who just don't understand the above differentiation.

The side effect of "kinder, gentler" and peace keeping is that units go all to hell insofar as combat readiness--which can lead to dead grunts.

'Rat

13. diamond geezer thread starter macrumors regular

Beltway Bandits??

Please explain, Rat. I haven't heard that expression before.

14. Desertrat macrumors newbie

The Interstate loop around WashDC is called "The Beltway". So, inside are the Capitol, the White House, and the Pentagon, as well as the BossBureaucrats' offices.

Now, if that ain't a bunch of bandits, what is?

:D, 'Rat

15. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

registration is free. same w/ LA Times and chicago tribune. and many others, i'm sure.

16. diamond geezer thread starter macrumors regular

Put a moat around it and change the name to Alcatraz.

17. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Ok, a couple of things in line with what Rat was saying, and then back on the topic. First, the military by role is designed to kill as many of the bad guys without taking losses of our own men. There have been wars in the past where certain tactics were questioned after the war.

But, what does sprayed mean? CS gas? Bullets? There is no clarification, and frankly, the NY times is not a beacon for accurate reporting.

Now for the subject of the thread. The people in the guard are not slow learners, and it shows a rather low knowledge of the guard, and the history of the guard to insinuate that they are slow learners.