Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StefanDevil

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
hi,

i would like to design my app as follow:

at start, nav bar with table view. when user select certain row, it will drill down to a view with tab bar, navigation table view. is this possible?

the tab bar doesn't appear until a view is drill down. i have done the 2 view separately and no problem with each. but when i try to integrate them, it doesn't work.

basically its navigating from a tableview without tab bar, to one that have a tab bar.

DennisVar

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Hmm -- embedding a tab bar controller in one of the navigation controller screens doesn't match Apple's Human Interface guidelines:

"Note: Although a navigation controller can be embedded inside a tab, the reverse is not true. Presenting a tab bar interface from within a navigation interface is potentially confusing for users. A navigation interface uses one or more custom view controllers to present an interface focused on one goal, which is usually the management of a specific type of data. By contrast, the tabs of a tab bar interface can reflect completely different purposes in an application and need not be related in any way. In addition, pushing a tab bar controller on a navigation stack would cause the tabs to be displayed for that screen only and not for any others."

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/l...neOS/TabBarControllers/TabBarControllers.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.