Navy Airshow Live on internet

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by stubeeef, Sep 16, 2005.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Link

for the airshow junky who can't get there.

2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Cool.

I just went to the Cleveland air show a couple weeks ago, The headline act has been the Thunderbirds for a couple years now, and the turnout was pretty big.

They did a simultaneous demonstration of a B-17, B25, a C-47 and a Wildcat, that was really neat. They had explosives on the ground and set them off every time the bombers buzzed the field with bomb bays open. One time they screwed up and set off the "bombs" as the C-47 passed! :D

It's great to get to see modern jets like the F-18, B1B and A10 up close. The F-18 did a formation with a P-51, and it was interesting to see how small the Mustang looks compared to a "lightweight" fighter of today; although the wingspans are close, the Mustangs is a lot shorter and has a lot less fuselage.

The only thing cooler to me than the airshow is a visit to the Air Force museum in Dayton at Wright Patterson AFB.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I have visited many Air Force Air Shows during my career in the Air Force. Always a lot of fun. I worked the medical tent. They allowed us time off to take a look at the planes. Usually the tent was located in a good area to view the show.

I was able to visit the Wright Patterson AFB Museum. It was while I was still living just 20 miles South and prior to the Air Force. So it was probably over 30 years ago. I'm sure that is even better now.

4. Johnny Rico macrumors 6502

Attached Files: