NBA 2k7 on the 360 - issues -

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jovian9, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

So Monday night I picked up NBA 2k7 for my 360. Awesome game. The gameplay is great, the graphics are great, and the realism is top-notch (especially compared to NBA Live from the last few years...though I haven't played this years).
    I'm having problems with the game though. I have played 10 games now and 4X I have been unable to finish the game.
    1. Game stuck during the menu after I had just completed a game (not frozen but stuck in loading)
    2. Game stuck at the end of the first quarter (not frozen but does not return to gameplay)
    3. During the 2nd quarter of a game it stated the disc was dirt and it could not read it (the game stopped but the disc is new with no dirt or scratches)
    4. During the first quarter of a game during a timeout the game stuck (not frozen but wouldn't return to gameplay)

I have also noticed the disc drive being very loud while playing this game....but like I said the disc is in flawless condition. Anyone else here having issues? I am not experiencing this with any other games.

Thanks!

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I haven't any issues with NBA 2K7, but that's only because I swore off 2K Sports games forever after the locking-up issues they had with MLB 2K6 and NHL 2K6.

Say what you want about EA Sports games, but they don't lock up and brick Xbox 360s like 2K Sports games do.

3. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I know this doesn't help but 2k sports RULE!!!!!

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Yeah, that doesn't help.

Jovian, I suggest you get in touch with 2K Sports about this... as I said, they're known for releasing software that freezes up for no apparent reason.

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

thats odd, I had these problems with 2006 EA Sports games, but not with my NHL 07.

6. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Thanks for the info. College Hoops 2k6 and Top Spin 2 are fine on my 360.....so this is the only 2k Sports game giving me troubles.