Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

162717-nba_league_pass_mobile.jpg

The NBA today launched NBA League Pass Mobile [App Store, $39.99] for the iPhone and Android operating systems, bringing live video of over 40 NBA basketball games per week for the 2009-2010 season to users via Wi-Fi and 3G. Features include:
- Watch over 40 LIVE NBA games a week
- View full game replays for up to 48 hours after the game Local market, national blackout and other restrictions apply to all live and replay games in NBA LEAGUE PASS MOBILE.)
- Daily highlights from around the league
- Live player stats for every game
- Live scores for every game
- Set "Remind Me" alerts for favorite teams or key games
- Send game and stats updates through Email, Facebook and Twitter.
Users can watch live games while monitoring scores of other games scrolling across the bottom of the screen. Local blackout rules apply.

CNET notes that while there is currently no package deal for existing subscribers to the NBA League Pass television service, the NBA is exploring such an offering for the future.
Currently there is not added benefit if customers are already subcribers to the NBA's League Pass TV package. But bundling the two is something the league is looking at for the future, said Bryan Perez, senior vice president and general manager of NBA Digital.

Article Link: 'NBA League Pass Mobile' Brings Live NBA Basketball to iPhone

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
I would buy this in a heartbeat if they gave a discount for us current League Pass subs. I pay $180 every season for LP, $40 on top of that is too much. Especially when the NFL mobile is free with their season package.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Here's another year that I will spend watching the Knicks lose! Woohoo! :rolleyes:

I was going to buy the League Pass online, but I thought why waste the money to watch the Knicks suck?

I'll definitely buy this, glad I didn't get the $9.99 version!

On another note, local blackout sucks.

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
I get the NFL Network and NFL Mobile Live (w/ audio from every game, and every team's radio network) with the Sprint Everything data plan. I wouldn't expect to see the NFL break their exclusivity with Sprint any time soon.

Is AT&T the official Network of MLB and NBA? (Perhaps it is.) How do they get apps but NFL doesn't? How about the 298 million of us who don't have Sprint's Everything Data Plan? There should be some way of at least getting audio online. That's all I'm asking. Currently I have to call my parents' cell phone with my cell phone and they put the phone up to the receiver, to hear out of market games: a clear violation of rebroadcast rules. ;)

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
NFL, this is getting embarrassing.

Trust me the only embarrassment NFL owners feel is one of riches. They have a sweet contract w/ DirecTV which basically gives DTV the sole non-network affiliate live broadcast rights. The contract is so rich the NFL even locked itself out of selling the live games online... which is why no NFL originated iPhone app.

I've had NFL Sunday Ticket since '97 & enjoyed the ST iPhone app this season, but this may be my last as a ST subscriber. It's become too spendy plus HD is an extra $100, which is a total rip. It's too bad they don't offer a less expensive package where you can subscribe to a single team, Division, or Conference. Hard to justify spending $400 to watch 14 or so games on TV.

JBaker122586

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
Trust me the only embarrassment NFL owners feel is one of riches. They have a sweet contract w/ DirecTV which basically gives DTV the sole non-network affiliate live broadcast rights. The contract is so rich the NFL even locked itself out of selling the live games online... which is why no NFL originated iPhone app.

I've had NFL Sunday Ticket since '97 & enjoyed the ST iPhone app this season, but this may be my last as a ST subscriber. It's become too spendy plus HD is an extra $100, which is a total rip. It's too bad they don't offer a less expensive package where you can subscribe to a single team, Division, or Conference. Hard to justify spending $400 to watch 14 or so games on TV.

If you are in your team's local market, just getting the subscription to NFL Red Zone (which I think is $50) should cover you. I always figure, I'm going to be flipping between a bunch of games looking for one where something's happening, why don't I just let them do it for me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.