NBC Today Show promo

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by PuterSaurus, Jan 18, 2004.

1. PuterSaurus macrumors member

I saw a promo for an upcoming segment on the Today Show for this week (1/19/04). It's going to be about Apple's 20th Anniversary. No idea as to when it's going to air except "this week". I checked ReplayTV in the program decscription and I didn't find anything.

2. slowtreme macrumors 6502

3. Pilgrims Pro macrumors regular

I checked TiVO and didn't see anything and I also checked HERE and couldn't find anything, but I did setup TiVO to record it all week.

4. PuterSaurus thread starter macrumors member

I bet it's going to either be on Fri or Sat since 24th falls on Saturday. The promo showed the inside of a assembly plant with the original Mac rolling down the line. We'll see.

5. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

that sounds interesting. i haven't heard anything about that, but if it happens, i''d LOVE to see it!

(ahem, ahem,... compress and post)

6. Pilgrims Pro macrumors regular

Well I don't know if this is what the big promo was about, but on Today's show they had a guy that had a jacket with iPod controls intergrated in to the sleeve. :confused:

7. PuterSaurus thread starter macrumors member

I hope not either.

Maybe Weekend Today will have the bit that I saw.

I'm glad I had a witness to this (my wife). She's actually the one who saw it and pointed it out to me while my nose was buried in the newspaper.:D

8. Pilgrims Pro macrumors regular

Yeah I am thinking it will be on tomorrow's show. Tomorrow is the 20th Ann of Mac.

9. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

If its any good, someone record it tommorow morning. Some of us don't get up quite that early on a Saturday :)

10. Pilgrims Pro macrumors regular

I saw all but the last 20 minutes of the show, so it sounds like the Burton "iPod Jacket" was the big news from the Today show.:(

11. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

What can you expect from a show that is in the MSNBC division? :) Although, I have a slight suspicion Katie is a Mac user ;P