Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PuterSaurus

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2003
Gulf Coast
I saw a promo for an upcoming segment on the Today Show for this week (1/19/04). It's going to be about Apple's 20th Anniversary. No idea as to when it's going to air except "this week". I checked ReplayTV in the program decscription and I didn't find anything.

Pilgrims Pro

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2003
I checked TiVO and didn't see anything and I also checked HERE and couldn't find anything, but I did setup TiVO to record it all week.

PuterSaurus

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2003
Gulf Coast
I bet it's going to either be on Fri or Sat since 24th falls on Saturday. The promo showed the inside of a assembly plant with the original Mac rolling down the line. We'll see.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
that sounds interesting. i haven't heard anything about that, but if it happens, i''d LOVE to see it!

(ahem, ahem,... compress and post)

Pilgrims Pro

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2003
Well I don't know if this is what the big promo was about, but on Today's show they had a guy that had a jacket with iPod controls intergrated in to the sleeve. :confused:

PuterSaurus

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2003
Gulf Coast
I hope not either.

Maybe Weekend Today will have the bit that I saw.

I'm glad I had a witness to this (my wife). She's actually the one who saw it and pointed it out to me while my nose was buried in the newspaper.:D

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
If its any good, someone record it tommorow morning. Some of us don't get up quite that early on a Saturday :)

Pilgrims Pro

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2003
I saw all but the last 20 minutes of the show, so it sounds like the Burton "iPod Jacket" was the big news from the Today show.:(

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
What can you expect from a show that is in the MSNBC division? :) Although, I have a slight suspicion Katie is a Mac user ;P

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.