NBC working on putting Scrubs on iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ohmeohmom, Mar 9, 2006.

1. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

excellent, as far as I'm concerned Scrubs is the best show on a major network right now (ignoring HBO & Showtime for arguments sake).

"I'm hoping people will dial the K"

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Screw Scrubs!...where the hell is Greys Anatomy?!

umm, sorry...had to vent.<deep breath>

More selection is always good.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Shouldn't be that much work. Sure, there's a different network and studio to deal with here but NBC adds shows at the drop-of-a-hat and Touchstone is owned by Disney. Who's that new guy on the Disney board now? ;)

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Good-o.

Yet another show that we could possibly download when we finally get TV shows on iTunes.

5. leenoble macrumors member

leenoble

now I really want TV downloads to come to the UK. At the moment the only Scrubs fix I can get is on ABC1 where they just show the first series over and over and over and over and over. I swear it's on like twice a month. And I missed lots of episodes when it was on Channel 4.

6. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

Just what I was gonna say. :)

7. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

8. kerpow macrumors 6502

Excellent news. This is probably the first show that I would consider downloading through iTunes. Everything else is run of the mill trashy American sitcoms.

9. Boingy macrumors member

Yea then I can get the Simpsons... but would we be willing to pay $1.99 when you can download the torrent for free and with better quality? Let's be honest. Better quality is a must in the long run, esp. if the iPod AV becomes a reality.

~V

10. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

LOST? :D

11. sen123 macrumors newbie

go lost

12. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

13. Trowaman macrumors 6502a

Trowaman

WHAAAAA?????

Battlestar Galactica
    The Office, based on a Brittish show? Un-American sitcome? ;)
    The Daily Show

Scrubs would be a good one to add tot his list though. I also look forward to My Name is Earl, Justice League and other DC tv shows, and some animated stuff from FOX.

14. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Are they only up to season 3 over in the UK? Scrubs is so far gone, all they need is a cheesy laugh track. It's pure crap now.

15. xStep macrumors 68000

Get lost? ;)

16. Some_Big_Spoon macrumors 6502a

Some_Big_Spoon

Absolutely. I've already DLed every episode to take with me when I travel.. It's the kind of show you can watch over and over again, like the first 9 or 10 seasons of the simpsons.. I'd even buy a couple if they included something extra. Soundtracks for each season are really exceptional too.

"That's C-A-L-L-T-U-R" :)

17. Some_Big_Spoon macrumors 6502a

Some_Big_Spoon

You're going to get modded dead, and so will I for that matter, if you talk about torrents here. Unfortunately, them's seems to be the rules.

But yes, I BT simpsons and scrubs too and reformat to what I need, i.e. 12" powerbook, ipod, treo, etc.

18. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Screw Greys Anatomy.........the other networks ripoff of Scrubs/ER rolled into 1 show. :)

19. Some_Big_Spoon macrumors 6502a

Some_Big_Spoon

Episode before last of scrubs they made a ref to grey's anatomy saying "it's like they saw our lives and put it on tv" :) I laughed at that. I tried grey's anatomy once for half an episode.. not my thing... whereas scrubs, well, the neatly catagorized AVI files on my external speak volumes :-D

20. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

I want the TV shows in Canada.

And add Megas XLR to that list.... :cool:

21. dickrichie macrumors newbie

Anyone watch Munk?

Same deal. Made by touchtone and one an NBC network. I want Scrubs to be on itunes more than just about anyone but its not a tough contract to negotiate. Im worried this may just be a rumor. While we are dreaming heres what else Id like...

Scrubs, Cheers, Ed, Seinfeld... heres for hoping.

22. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You mean Monk?

Monk's different. http://www.usanetwork.com/series/monk/theshow/faq/faq.html and is already on iTMS

B

23. dashiel macrumors 6502a

fox's president peter ligouri[sp] stated that he didn't want to jump on the download game yet. that new media like itunes was a marathon and not a sprint and he wasn't sure how it was going to play out.

translated: my parent company news corp is working on their own inferior, WMV based delivery method. when it fails i'll come crawling back to apple.

seriously who cares if it's a marathon or a sprint. you've got nothing, repeat nothing to lose by offering shows on itunes. cost of encoding, meta data entry and upload is negligible. they're just being greedy and want the whole amount.

24. john159 macrumors regular

thankkkkk you... finally yes fox has nothing to loose by joining itunes... no one has anything to loose, its automatic profit pratically... i am trying to see what foxes logic is... besides their own little download idea from their site... fox wake up