NCAA Bracketology

Discussion in 'Community' started by wordmunger, Mar 15, 2004.

1. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

For your basketball prognosticating enjoyment, I've created a Macrumors group in the ESPN Tournament Challenge.

I know there are plenty of basketball fans on Macrumors, so take a few minutes to head on over and create an entry. The group winner will have bragging rights at Macrumors for the next year!

All you have to do is create a login name, then join the Macrumors group (just search for "macrumors"). So far, only two people have signed up--I know there are more fans out there, so let's get going!

P.S. If you're worried about getting a lot of spam from ESPN because of your account, I can vouch for them--I've done this for about three years now, and I never get bothered by them (make sure you opt out of e-mailings when you register).

2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i still can't believe that duke and st. joes were number1 seeds... what a joke...

3. settledown macrumors regular

I would hope that a persons home team aside, that everyone would be rooting for Pittsburgh! They are, after all, the Panthers!!

4. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

Well, I do root for the Panthers, but unfortunately, they're not in the tournament :)

I'm pulling for Charlotte, because, well, I'm a student there, and Duke, because I've been a longtime fan, and Washington, because I'm from there. I think Gonzaga's got a really good shot to win it all this year. That would be cool!

5. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

NUMBER 1 of the NUMBER 1's!!! Can you say under the wire!!! My beloved Wildcats have done it again. We've somehow hit our peak in March. This team gets better with every game. I'd say we are a legit elite eight contender.

If you haven't had a shot to see a cats game this season, make sure you catch one during the first couple of rounds. The best part about this team is that I can't tell you who the best player is. We've got 5 guys averaging over 10 points per game. Look for Fitch, Daniels, Hayes, Barbour, Hawkins, Azibuke, Moss, Thomas, or Perry to have a big game.

I think that's why we're on such a roll. Teams can't prepare for us by focusing on shutting down our 2-3 great players. If they do, three other guys will put up 60 points between them. I love March.

6. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

i tried to entry my picks but i get to the point where I find the macrumors group but then it doesn't load properly
    did it work for you?

7. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

Nope, haven't had a problem with Safari/Panther. Maybe just try again?

8. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I'm definitely rooting for Duke, but Kentucky's a force to reckon with.

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'm in California. I'll have to take Stanford.

10. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

i'm in. i had some issues with joining the group using safari 1.0.1. just a heads up. i filled out my bracket with my heart, not my head, so i've got pitt winning the whole thing in the fourth pitt-uconn game of the year. against the grain picks include richmond over wisconsin and boston college going to the elite 8.

11. Applexilef macrumors regular

The only teams you guys should be rooting for is the Univ. of Central Florida!!!

Man, finally we make it after 8 years. Let's hope we can beat pittsburgh and make it past the first round for the first time.

GO KNIGHTS!

12. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Best of luck. I'm always a fan of the underdog! However, I just can't put them in my bracket...;)

13. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

It wouldn't work with safari, but it did with explorer :mad:
    oh well... go gonzaga all the way!!!

14. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I Second That Sentiment.

Go Zags!!!!

TEG

15. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

will the haunting of a lose to carolina never cease but yeah go PITT

16. macphisto macrumors regular

And that Utah State got the shaft.

17. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

Okay, I've finally filled in my bracket. Gonzaga all the way! I can dream, can't I?

18. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

couldn't agree more... total BS...

19. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

and I thought i was being original...

20. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

Well, I had actually hinted that's how I was going to go already (see post #4). I doubt many others are picking Gonzaga.

21. womencantsail macrumors member

I can't decide what's the bigger joke: Utah St. not making the tourney, The A10 getting 4 teams in, or the fact that Stanford (29-1) is not ranked as the #1 team in the tourney. I can see UK being ranked ahead, but definitely not Duke. They didn't even win the ACC Tourney.

Anyways, Go Stanford!!!

22. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Except one thing. Duke has a strength of schedule rank of 4th, and Stanford is 96th. HUGE difference. Hell, even Alabama has played a tougher schedule than Stanford. If bama gets past Southern Ill, Stanford will be the 1st number 1 to fall.

23. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Yep, your right. With a strength of schedule of 183 they totally deserved to get in.

24. womencantsail macrumors member

You people love these formulas way too much. Who the hell cares about the damn RPI or SOS. Why do you expect Utah St. to have some ridiculously hard schedule. Let's think about it for a second. Is Utah State a large, renowned athletic instiution, umm, NO. The enrollment at Utah State is around 15,800. Whereas let's say, Maryland, has over 35,000 students. See a little difference there? Why do you expect them to have an incrdibly high SOS, when it's not even reasonable. So give your damn computers and formulas a rest, and take a look at what the team accomplished this year.

25. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

Hoo boy. Yesterday was bad for my brackets. Stanford AND Gonzaga losing! They were my number 1 and 2 teams. It's my own fault, of course--I went with the heart instead of the brain. Always a big mistake.

Major props to G4scott, who's the current Macrumors leader. Don't Panic, I feel your pain.