[NDS] Be watchful: Pirated Nintendo DS Carts spotted

Discussion in 'Games' started by srobert, Jun 13, 2006.

1. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Just be careful guys. :-/

What was once a Gameboy Advance annoyance has now made it's way to the DS. This will make your eBay shopping experience that much more risky.

Spotting Pirated Nintendo DS Carts

Attached Files:

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If by chance you were unlucky enough to buy one of these, do they actually work or are they total duds.

just looking through ebay, even games that seem cheap initially - by the time you add shipping and insurance, they cost nearly as much as the high street.

It's also impossible to tell if your getting a legit or a dud until you actually recieve.

4. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

there was a topic here about a GBA game being a fake and it didnt have a save feature. if the game fully works then i guess itll be really hard to tell... then again it wouldnt really matter.

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

The consensus seems to be that it's similar to the situation with GBA carts. The game seems to work fine but saving appears to be the problem.

6. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Really annoyed :mad: Got a GBA game of eBay it was fake, now I probably won't be able to get DS games, want a pitty, you could pick them up cheap and most importantly about a month before they hit the Australian shores :rolleyes:

7. kaylee macrumors regular

kaylee

DeSnousa, have you ever thought about importing? You can quite often get new, legit DS games for ~ $AU40 to 50 (including shipping).
    CD Universe is the online store I use most (DS section). Their shipping is not too bad when you have a few items in an order.
    PlayAsia or LikSang are others I've ordered from before, but they aren't always cheaper than just buying here (Australia). I use them more for items that are released in Japan but nowhere else (like my limited edition Nintendogs stylus holder and DS case).

8. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm glad i don't buy any games from ebay....bunch of con artist.

Bless

10. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert

Yeah. I try to avoid eBay but sometimes it's a necessary last resort to obtain rare older games.

11. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

Anyone have pictures of the pirated boxes? If I can't see the cart itself, is there any signs to look for on the packaging itself?

12. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Mainly poor wording and even a totally awkward paragraph that is not relevant to the game. Poor graphic images also. But you'll find most people don't use an image of the actual item :rolleyes: