[NDS] Project Exile (RPG)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Haoshiro, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I just found this new RPG headed to DS (Q1 2007), it's called Project Exile and looks great. It appears to be a cross between FF6, Chrono Trigger, and Seiken Densetsu.

The video on the site is WMV, but it is also available on YouTube.

I just wish it were coming sooner!

2. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

:eek:

So pretty and sweet 2d!

You're absolutly right, it does graphically looks like an offspring between FF6 and Chrono Trigger. Maybe even better. It also looks a little like Rudra no Hibou, a supposedly excellent RPG that never made it out of Japan.

I don't have a good RPG on the DS yet but looks like there are a bunch in the pipeline. Very nice.

Thanks for the links.

Edit: I've watched the whole trailer and it definitly looks like a FF6 relative :)

Is this a prot of a GBA game?

Any news about the US release date? Looks like it has already been translated. Hmm… It is a project from a small independant game developper located in Montreal. Maybe I could pay them a visit and ask. :D

Looks like they're looking for a Pixel artist. Maybe you could apply raggedjimmi. I think you can work from your home ;):

http://www.studioarchcraft.com/jobs.htm

Edit2:

Looks like it's their first game. Nice start. I'll keep an eye on them.

3. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Wait, is this GBA or DS? Just the video says GBA and the title DS. are they porting it or something?
    as for the game itself, I've never been a fan of those square looking rooms like that. It's such a silly reason but it still stands. Thats why I loved Golden Sun, with rounded rooms and other bits to make it less tile-based. thats it. I hate tile based graphics.

5. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

6. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The website says, right at the top: