nearly a ipod story

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ksolano, Dec 22, 2006.

1. ksolano macrumors regular

I was in the Apple store Regent street, 5 seconds away from buying a 4gig Red baby & I think it’s the same in every apple store. You have some sales assistant with a portable mini sales till thingy selling the ipods @ the show desk. I was really going to buy the thing… had my card ready and everything.
    Whats funny is that I asked the sales rep if I bough the ipod “NOW!” would I just feel gutted come MacWorld just a few weeks away? (more like a question to myself)
    He just smiled and couldn’t really answer the question cos he know what I meant.
    Why get a ipod now, when in a 2weeks you’re going to want something else!?

The thing is, when i said sorry i'm going to wait he just smiled and winked at me! Theres something coming and its going to be Good..

Save your pennys people.

2. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

I am pretty sure he is speculating like the rest of us. Apple is pretty secretive about new products.

3. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

whoa, that sounds like the nicest/coolest Apple Store rep ever! Usually all we ever hear is how rude/ignorant they are.

4. likeavaliant macrumors regular

i dont know why people say they are rude and or ignorant.
    i bought my macbook pro yesterday and they were all super awesome.
    probably the best sales reps i've delt with lately. all other places are run down with bad service.

5. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Apple Store employees don't know SQUAT when it comes to unreleased product. They read rumor sites to get their "info" like everyone else...

To the OP, he was just trying to act lik he knew something, you shoulda bought your iPod and enjoyed it.

6. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I somehow doubt that Apple will release upgraded iPods just a couple of weeks after millions of people have received one as a gift. The stores would be flooded with people trying to exchange them. Don't expect new iPods until the spring.

As for iPod phones? Well, that's another story...

7. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

I know that, I was just saying how this Sales Rep didn't seem rude.

8. albert8013 macrumors newbie

need help with frozen ipod mini

my ipod mini has been working fine until today. i turned it on and it says SDRAM OK in the middle and Play to Quit at the bottom. pushing Play does nothing. it won't turnoff. no combination of button pushing does any good. i think i've tried everything i can think of. i've connected to my Mac and that doesn't work. it doesn't even register that it's connected.

help

aalbert

9. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

Can't say I care too much for the sales reps, they are very smug, and too many of them don't know much about the products they sell.

Now I can say that Genius bar folks are top notch.

10. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

If you make a new thread in the iPod/iTunes section, you are sure to get more people to help you.

11. aristobrat macrumors G4

Yeah, some stores have that problem.

The Norfolk, VA store regularly gets customers that comment that they'd prefer to drive longer to visit that Apple store than the closer store in Richmond, VA for that very reason (smug sales reps).

12. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

why are you posting a new issue in a pre-existing thread?

in response to the original issue: that guy doesn't know anything more than we do, and possibly even less. apparently his ignorance cost him a sale. most of the people i know who work at Apple don't pretend they know something when they really don't but they are very helpful when it comes to anything else. then there are those that just want to sell you something.

13. Canerican macrumors regular

1) If every, or even some Apple employees knew the secrets they wouldn't stay secrets long.

2) Every week I hear a new iPod is coming in two months... two months never comes. Eventually someone will buy an iPod the day before a new one is announced, and it will lose value quicker than an American flag in Baghdad. So what? You can't control that, just get the iPod, it looks beautiful in red, and its a nice limited edition. I don't particularly support the cause myself that "red" does, but it is a good cause nonetheless. What more could you want?

14. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

15. mac17 macrumors regular

i go to the new apple store in new york and everyone that works there have got to be the nicest sales persons i have ever dealt with!:D