Nearly Pooped Myself, Windows Scare

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by lanray, Jan 8, 2006.

1. lanray macrumors regular

Mar 18, 2005
    Last night I'm typing away on MS Word in Windows, because that's what we have at work. I don't know what I did, but I went capitalize some letter, and I must've hit the wrong key. The computer gave a message like, "You have locked this computer. Only and so who logged in..... can unlock this AMAZINGLY STUPID FEATURE!" I was sweating bullets. I mean, a good 20 minutes of work, at 2am; you don't want to go losing this. Luckily whoever it was had the same password as their login, so all wasn't lost. Still. Dumb, dumb feature to attach to such an easily typed mistype. Has never happened with my Mac, of course. ;)
  2. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    Windows Flag + L

In XP its the temporary log out for fast user switching, in other versions the key combination locks the computer.
  3. belvdr macrumors 601

Aug 15, 2005
    Actually, it locks the computer in XP as well, if you disabled fast user switching. It will go to the welcome screen if you have that enabled, otherwise it will show the message above.
  4. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

Oct 19, 2005
    The poor section of Connecticut
    Yes, keyboard shortcuts ARE dumb...mis-typing isn't. Oh yeah, it is virtually impossible to mis-type on a mac...:rolleyes:
  5. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2005
    I do exactly the same thing a lot of them time with that damn Q key :p