Neato Screensavers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hibbity, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Hibbity macrumors member

OK, what i'm trying to find is a Matrix screensaver. I know I know, there are a MILLION of them out there, but I swear to God, i cannot find one that just straight up displays the matrix code. I can't get the one on the Warner Bros. site to work, that seemed like the easiest answer. I don't want all the 3D heebum-jeebum, i just want a screensaver that will show the matrix like it does on the computers in the movie. Its...so...simple....but impossible to find! Anyone know where to get it?

Oh andlet me know of any other cool screensavers you've come across ;)

2. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

My favorite Matrix screen saver is Red Pill, although it may not be exactly what you're looking for since it's 3D.

Also good are:
    SnowSaver (free - by the same guy that made Red Pill)
    SolarWinds (free)
    Little Fluffy Cubes (free)
    SpaceTime (free - fans of Star Trek will like this one)
    Marine Aquarium - (costs $$$, but you can try it out - very good looking aquarium)
    GLTron (free - fans of Tron will like this)
    FreeFall (costs $29.95 - it's an app and screensaver that shows the positions and movement of satellites orbiting the Earth, pretty cool but I haven't purchased it yet)
    SaveHollywood (free - lets you play QuickTime movies as a screen saver)

Here's another fun waste of CPU cycles... try Backlight out. It lets you use a screen saver as your desktop background.

3. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

4. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

I have to add one more that I just discovered called "RandomWeb"... this one is very cool (try using the RandomPhrase mode with a word like "Airplane", or "Keira Knightley". ;) :D

"The RandomWeb screensaver randomly searches the internet for digital photos taken by the more popular commercial digital cameras and displays them. There are also modes to search by phrase (or word) and by site."

5. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

6. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i agree, red pill is the most matrix look-a-like.

7. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers