Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted Choppy? X360

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Dec 28, 2005.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Is it me or is the framerate off in this game. At times the game seems choppy.

Yes it's a lovely looking game & at times too fast - so much so that all the details (shadows, track details etc..) make me really nauseous..

Seriously I'm getting motion sickness playing this game (it does make me feel dizzy) and I didn't with PGR3..

I'm dissapointed as it seems a good game, but would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this choppyness in the game or is it just me? Changing to 480p/720p/1080i seems to makes no difference to the nausea effect...

2. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

The demo from Live ran fine on my box (hooked up to a regular TV) and I was playing it at my buddies place a couple days ago and it did have a few hiccups here and there. He had it hooked up to a 56" plasma (lucky bastard) so it was at 720p.

Pretty cool game though, engine sounds are great :)

3. TheGimp macrumors 6502

Only played the demo, but very very choppy. Kind of chugs a bit and hiccups. A shame since many of the details are quite striking, such as the road surface cracks and storefront window reflections.

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah that's my experience, though I think I've found the explanation on ign website review...

'There was one noticeable technical gaff in the retail build: while the framerate seemed steady, objects were loading into the screen in a jumpy, unsteady manner. Trees, buildings, bridges, whatever comes toward the screen as you zoom into the foreground, these objects appear on screen with odd hitches and micro-pauses. These errors don't affect the gameplay, but they're noticeable and distracting and they do alter your sense of immersion.'....

That explains the jerkiness i'm seeing I guess :eek: And why 480,720,1080 doesn't make a difference.

I might trade it in, because i'm still getting sick playing it.. Although the trade un value at Gamestop here in Ireland for the 360 games suck.

23 Euro per game, compared to the 70-75 Euro retail cost.... Not great is it.:(

5. Atlasland macrumors 6502

6. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep! suck's doesn't it :eek:

Yeah i can get cheaper on play.com or somthing for like £40 (60 euro) but 69.99 & 74.99 are the RRP over here...

Before Xmas you could get a gamecube with Mario Strikers & a selection of any 'classic' game for the same price :(

7. toomuchstereo macrumors regular

Maybe its just me but this game is as smooth as can be. I am running in the US (NTSC) not PAL. I have heard things don't run as well in PAL. But I'm probablly wrong.

8. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

runs nice here... (USA)

although it may just be the camera mode... i find when i change the view to first person it runs smooth as butta

but when its outside the car the camera does this wavy thing where it moves and makes the game feel slower

9. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Got this game for my (gaming-<whatever else can you use it for>)PC, and I really think the grfx are very disappointing. Got it up on highest settings, 1600 x 1200 rez etc.

I seems so surreal while racing around. Somehow everthing is a bit "yellowish", and not realistic.
    I really am a NFS fan.. loved the game series from the start. Got my hopes up very high for this one (after seeing all those XBox 360 trailers).
    :(

10. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Dont think the NTSC/PAL difference exists in progressive modes as 720p/1080i are the same lines regardless of territory.

The cockpit view does improve things alright, but not considerably.