Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vistokid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Hi,

Just wanted to get the communities opinion.

My uses are a little limited for it. Will use it in the car, at the gym. I already have an iPhone 6s (64GB) that I use strictly as a phone. My music collection is around 25GBs at the moment. I currently use a 16GB iPod Nano at the gym but will most likely take the plunge for Apple Music sooner or later and will use it the gym for sure.

I purchased 2 earlier this week and one will be going back. I'm in Canada so prices are in CDN.

Deal 1: 64GB 5G (Silver), new (last one in stock), for $210
Deal 2: 32GB 6G (Space Grey), new, for $267

What do you guys think? What would you keep?

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2014
If you are only going to use it in the car and at the gym, the 5G is more than enough and you also get more storage for less price.

However, iOS 9 will probably be the last version that runs on this device so if Apple make improvements on the music listening experience in next iOS versions, you will be screwed.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
Do you need the capacity more? Would you like to hold on to those $50?
If so, go for deal #1

Do you need the specs more for a likely smoother experience, and support? Are you confident that the next iOS update beyond ios9 will improve the music software and experience?
If so, go for deal #2

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
keep in mind that although they are only one generation apart, they are 3 years' worth of technology apart, meaning they effectively are 3 generations apart. Keep the 6th gen and don't look back, even better, pony up the extra for a 64 gig 6G and you'll be good to go for a long time.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Yeah, and also, for me the 64 GB was fine at the beginning, but over the last few years of having it, the iOS updates got bigger, and so did my music collection. So now every time I update, I have to pull the music library out, install the update, sync it again, and this all takes a hour to do. So I would definitely advise people to buy the next storage size if you're like 5 GB away from maxing it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.