Need a bit of help with my Mail account...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Fuzzy Orange, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Fuzzy Orange macrumors 6502

Fuzzy Orange

Jul 29, 2006
    Well, when I first got my Mac, I decided I would try the free 30 day trial of .Mac. During this time, I made a Mail account. Unfortuantly, I forgot to write down the password. After, oh, maybe 3 weeks, I realized that in order to get mail, I needed to sign in. I enter my account name and what I think would be my password. Well, it rejects it. After trying many other different passwords for around 30 minutes, it still is rejecting my password. Is tere a way to make a new password, maybe? Can I make another account? Thanks in advance.
  2. annk Administrator

Staff Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    In the mail tab at, right under where you sign in, there is a link with the words "Forgot your password?" Click on that and follow the instructions.
  3. Fuzzy Orange thread starter macrumors 6502

Fuzzy Orange

Jul 29, 2006
    So I made a new account. I thought my problems were over. But they aren't. Whenever it asks me to input a password, it says it rejected the password from my old account. How do I switch to my new account?
  4. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

Feb 17, 2006
    Clovis, California
    Mail Preferences > Accounts > Server Settings > Authentication.

Check 'Password' under Authentication and type your email address in the User Name box. Type in your password in the Password box.

When everything is setup right, you won't have to sign in each time, Mac Mail will do that for you.