Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tangent23

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
*bump*

i'm looking for a small portable table that can hold my PB while i use it from my couch.

since i got airport express, that's where i've been mainly surfing from and i have developed cramped arms and headaches from my stooped over position.

i'd like something light , stable and stylish [got to fit in with the apple aesthetic, right? ;)].. ideally it would be adjustable..

any ideas?

ieani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
the states for now
bthom70 said:
ieani,
Were you able to get the desk from Staples?
I love mine, the only fault is the keyboard tray seems a bit flimsy.

I was able to find one at the last closest Staples to me. My keyboard was dented during assembly. My screwdriver fell onto it. Its small and on the back of the keyboard but a more durable keyboard would have made it perfect. Ill have some pics once I get my mac. :)

Dopeyman

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2005
Los Angeles!
Ikstej24 said:
Ikea is really hard to beat....especially for the price...the legs are even height adjustable

I noticed you have a ps2 next to your stereo system.....

Do you have it connected to your LCD monitor? If so, what adapter are you using? (If any)

mvelinder

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2006
NeuronBasher said:
I would highly recommend Anthro's fit System desks, and they make them in 24", 30" and 36" widths which would suit your size constraints very well. I have a 60" with a base shelf and additional overhead shelf right now, and am preparing to order a second one. They're rock solid, look great, and you can get the surfaces and bars in a variety of colors.

lanny.jpg

http://www.anthro.com/_FS_StandardUnit.asp

Yes, but do I get an Asian secretary with it?!

discoforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
Vermont, USA
tangent23 said:
*bump*

i'm looking for a small portable table that can hold my PB while i use it from my couch.

since i got airport express, that's where i've been mainly surfing from and i have developed cramped arms and headaches from my stooped over position.

i'd like something light , stable and stylish [got to fit in with the apple aesthetic, right? ;)].. ideally it would be adjustable..

any ideas?

I really like my iLap from RainDesign. Saves my neck and wrists from typing strain, and my lap from that toasty burning sensation :eek:

No real adjustments, but you can remove the plush wrist support when you're using it at a desk.

ilap_cushion.jpg
ilap_no-cushion.jpg

Actually this one looks pretty cool too, and is adjustable (never used it, so don't know about durability): Laptop Desk UltraLite

ieani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
the states for now
discoforce said:
I really like my iLap from RainDesign. Saves my neck and wrists from typing strain, and my lap from that toasty burning sensation :eek:

No real adjustments, but you can remove the plush wrist support when you're using it at a desk.

ilap_cushion.jpg
ilap_no-cushion.jpg

Actually this one looks pretty cool too, and is adjustable (never used it, so don't know about durability): Laptop Desk UltraLite

That will be perfect for whatever laptop I end up getting. Thanks for the link!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.