Need a fun weekend...

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGary, Sep 9, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

I hope this doesn't come across as overly whiny, but it has been just about the ********* month of my life.

My dad died suddnely, totally unexpected, in his sleep on the 14th of last month, and I'm still crying about it. My grandmother (we were totally tight) died two weeks later. My sister's house in N.O. escaped total destruction, but she can't go back. My nephew flipped his Explorer - luckily he is OK. My partner's mother had heart surgery two days ago....

I need to get away for a couple of days, at not much expense, and away from hoarding crowds. Something fun, totally different and totally mind numbing. Can anyone give me ideas on a +/- 500.00 couple of days?

Just need to get away. :D

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I've driven through Valle Crucis a couple times, but never stayed. It's a gorgeous, isolated N.C. mountain town. May be farther than you're willing to drive, though--I'd guess about 8 hours from Maryland.

3. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Tha looks tempting, WM.

I'm also thinking of packing up my dusty collection of new, but long-unused fly rods and heading to Pennsylvania for some trout.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

So... BotCon 2005, the Hasbro International Transformers Collector's Convention on September 22-25 would be right out, then?

http://www.botcon.com/

;) :D

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'd go sailing. You do claim to live in America's sailing capital.