Need a little Used Powerbook Advice

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by mashinhead, Nov 4, 2005.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I was looking to get a powerbook, 12 for presentations for school. I would get an ibook, but i need the mini dvi out. Originally i was looking at finding a used current 1.5 model, but as its a second machine, i don't want to spend too much on it, they are going around 1200 avg. on ebay. So i was looking at the 1.33ghz model, i could get one for around 1000. I'm guessing i won't really notice a massive difference between the processor speeds. But there are some things that i do need, and want to know if they are standard. I want to know if bluetooth and airport are standard on all 1.33 ghz models. I want to know if the video cards are the same. and finally, since i have a 1gb stick of PC2700 ddr ram, i want to know if that is compatible with the 1.33 ghz model. Any help would be appreciated, as i kind of need it soon.

2. aquajet macrumors 68020

Bluetooth and Airport Extreme were standard on all 1.33 Ghz models. Both the 1.33 and 1.5 Ghz models have the same video chip with 64mb. If your RAM chip is an SODIMM, it should work.

3. other macrumors 6502

Yes.

Yes.

If it's SO-DIMM it should work, the 1.5GHz and 1.33GHz 12" Powerbook use the same RAM.

EDIT: Too slow.

4. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

but just for clarificaiton, this is bluetooth 1, not 2.0 right

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

> Need a little Used Powerbook Advice

I have all kinds of Powerbook advice that is little used.....

:p

6. other macrumors 6502

That's true (1 in the 1.33 GHz model, 2 in the 1.5 GHz model).

7. pianoman181 macrumors regular

I have a Revision B (1GHz, 512mb RAM, 60gb HD, AirPort Extreme, Bluetooth, Mini-DVI out, USB2, AppleCare (Extended), brand new battery) for sale... looking for around $1000. Don't know if you're interested. It's in perfect condition, and I haven't found one thing I can't do with it (and I am a hardcore user. I just now need a wider screen for some of my development work).