Need a Mobile Phone? Bookmark this Link!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by patrick0brien, Sep 30, 2003.

1. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-All

After reading through all of the recent posts regarding phone questions, I feel I need to contribute this.

By far the best resource I have found for on-line reviews on mobile phone technology is Mobile Burn. And I recommend visiting there before posting here as it should clear up a lot of questions ahead of time.

No marketing bull, and tells it like it is - and it's a world resource, not just for folks in the U.S. (best aspect IMHO).

You may wish to bookmark this.

Mobile Burn

Of course, if you've recently purchased a phone, I'd recommend you avoid the hell out of this site because of the 'ol LAGS/Buyers Remorse thing.

2. LimeLite macrumors 6502a

LimeLite

Re: Need a Mobile Phone? Bookmark this Link!

Yeah, I posted a link to them when people were asking about the T616. It's a great review site, and I usually check it any time I'm interested in a phone, whether for fun or to buy.

3. patrick0brien thread starter macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

Re: Re: Need a Mobile Phone? Bookmark this Link!

-LimeLite

I saw that. You got the drop on me with that one.

4. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

What a great site!!! Thanks! I have to say I'm surprised at the review of the SE T610 - I have a T616 using AT&T, and I've only had a few of the problems that he had! The most annoying is the screen being pretty poor in bright light, but other than that I'm perfectly happy with it.

5. djkny macrumors 6502

Mobile Burn? There are better sites

I checked out Mobile Burn. They seem to be heavily biased towards covering Sony phones and are behind the times.

I was looking for reviews on the new LG VX6000 and Motorola t730 - they're still working on it I hear! Well these phones have been out for nearly a month now.

Disappointing. If you are gonna call yourself the premiere cell review site, you need to keep up with the times...

6. manzanita macrumors member

Re: Mobile Burn? There are better sites

Would you like to suggest something better? I would like to hear it, if you have a better suggestion.

7. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

8. djkny macrumors 6502

www.phonescoop.com

may perhaps give other cell phones sites a run for their money....or maybe not. Depends on your tastes...

9. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

so yeah, what exactly is the difference between the T720 and the T730? motorola's site is just awful and i can't find the info elsewhere... maybe someone here knows...

maybe i could check out the links mentioned... maybe i'm lazy...

pnw

10. patrick0brien thread starter macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-Ryan1524

Thank you for the links, it's good to add to the research collection by adding a good North American resource.