need a new BT adapter

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by QCassidy352, Nov 22, 2004.

1. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

When I first got my BT mouse and keyboard, I used them with a PB that had built in BT. But then I traded that for a G5 that does not have internal BT. So now I use the adapter that came with my M$ bluetooth mouse (keyboard is apple). But although I really like the M$ mouse, the adapter is terrible.

I can't wake the computer from sleep using my BT peripherals; I have to use the button on the display (apple cinema). Then, very often, even when I do wake the system using the display, the peripherals don't respond at all until I unplug and replug the adapter.

I'm sick of this! I'm resigned to having to use a dongle (which is annoying in and of itself) but I'd at least like one that works. Any suggestions? If you know that it works well with 10.3 and/or a G5 and/or these particular peripherals, that's even better. Thanks!

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I use a Belkin USB dongle with my G5 (running 10.3.5). I've only used it to sync my mobile (and not with a mouse or keyboard), but I've never experienced any problems using it. Mine's nicely hidden way in the USB port on the back of my display so it doesn't get in the way. :)

3. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

thanks, good to hear. Most people seem to like Belkin. I hide mine on the back of the display too. :)

4. budugu macrumors 6502

get the BT Dlink ..it works fine with my ibook and at OFFICEMAX it is like 20 bucks after rebate!

5. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

grrr... the new d-link DBT-120 I got won't connect to my MS mouse or apple keyboard. Bluetooth is seen as being active... but no connection can be established.

edit: and yes, the problem persists after both the BT update 1.5 and the BT firmware update 1.2. If I wanted problems, I would have just stuck with the MS POS that I was using... :(