Need a new Monitor ASAP..

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by oaksteez SM, Mar 14, 2006.

1. oaksteez SM macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2006
    I've been using a viewsonic monitor for the past two years, and I think its time to let it go. WHY?? Because its blurry and messing up my vision. I hurts everytime i stared at it.

I'm planning on picking a new monitor up this week. I just don't know what to get? so i need everyone to help me. I do graphic design and motion graphic work ,just to make things simple. My budget is slim ($500 max) so no ACD for me. I do want to keep the monitor for more than 3 years.

so, if you guys can help me out please do!! thank you...

love oak
  2. beatzfreak macrumors 6502

Jan 11, 2006
  3. cycocelica macrumors 68000

Apr 28, 2005
    Redmond, WA
    One word: Dell. Forget ACDs, they are overpriced that do nothing better than the Dell.
  4. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2004
    Madison, WI
    My advice is to spend some money on a display. I had a Dell 18" LCD, and while it worked fine, the 19" Sony I replaced it with is FAR higher quality. The lighting is even, and there are no dead pixels etc.

The dells are a good value, but if you want it to last, buy a Sony. My old 17" CRT Sony Trinitron lasted me almost 10 years. (It will worked fine fine when I bought the 18" LCD to replace it)
  5. tekmoe macrumors 68000

Feb 12, 2005
    yup. just bought a dell 2405fpw. AWESOME monitor. money well spent. i will only say this once...

dude, you're gettin' a dell!
  6. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Reading this thread is making me want a dell 2005FPW!!
    One interesting thing I noticed... Doesn't that look like an OSX desktop?

Attached Files:

7. Matt Phoenix macrumors regular

Feb 6, 2006
    I had a similar problem. I had a ViewSonic CRT, which was great when I first got it. In the past few months, it seemed a bit blurrier, and after staring at it for hours, I'd have a hard time reading something on paper. I thought my eyesight was going or something. However, when I got my laptop, I didn't have the problem any longer, and realized it was just the monitor. :-x
  8. Peyton macrumors 68000

Feb 2, 2006
  9. mjstew33 macrumors 601

May 29, 2005
    That's been noted here. ;) :)
  10. bearda macrumors 6502

Dec 2, 2005
    Germantown, MD
    I've got to put in another vote for the 2005FPW. I just got mine today and I've already fallen in love with it. If you get a $35 off coupon from ebay (runs about $1.99) you can pick it up with the three year warrenty for under $400 shipped with the current discounts.

Andrew Beard
  11. oaksteez SM thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2006

i want to thank everyone for being helpful. i will consider a DEll..
    my decision will be made this week..finals arrived so...(fade out)
  12. oaksteez SM thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2006

i just ordered one last week.and it should be here monday...
    can't wait to finally see!!!!...