Need A New Phone, and your help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by elisha cuthbert, Jun 3, 2006.

1. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

Feb 25, 2006
    Ok so ive been going for about 6-8 months on my SE K700i and the joystick is very tempremental and its not doing the job for me, so I am thinking of a new phone, at the moment the ones standing out to me are the Nokia 6280, SE W810i or a blackberry
    So im calling on you guys to help me and suggest some good ones my needs are as follows;
    bluetooth, colour screen, camera >1mp, lots of memory, mp3/aac player, long battery life and either access to instant messaging type stuff or email oh and i need it to work with addressbook, ical and internet connect (for those dial up only moments)
    please help a fellow mac user out
  2. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

Mar 14, 2005
    Out of those I'd probs say the W810i beacause it's pretty much the perfect music mobile and even 2GB memory cards have come down a lot in price to make them affordable.

The Nokia is a sweet phone though. Very nice to hold and use but if you're coming from a K700i, the W810i would be a smooth transition.
  3. elisha cuthbert thread starter macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

Feb 25, 2006
    hmm im not really fussed about the transition, i came from a 3220 to the k700. and i was told by one of the shop owners that i saw is that the only downside of the SE phones is the joystick
  4. kretzy macrumors 604

Sep 11, 2004
    Canberra, Australia
    I got a Nokia 6280 (through 3 FWIW) a week ago and I must say I'm really happy with it! It certainly meets all of the needs you mentioned and I have to say that both the 2MP camera and the large display are awesome! The sliding design is really nice and the interface is easy to use. Battery life seems to be pretty good though I haven't really used it all that much.

Hope that was helpful. :)
  5. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Sep 4, 2005
    Selling a NEW W800i with 1GB Card!

I'm selling a boxed, unlocked, Sony Ericsson W800i with a Sony 1GB Duo.

Boxed with everything, £130, and £20 to cover shipping to Oz.

e-mail if you want pics, can send it fully insured within 24 hours.

Accept PayPal and NoChex.

B.T.W - I just got the LG Chocolate - love it!