Need a screenshot of 4G showing accessories to claim from Apple

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by wigman15, Jul 21, 2004.

1. wigman15 macrumors newbie

I placed my order yesterday for the 40gb.

I rang Apple UK today to complain abou the accessories being taken out and they said that they can only give me the accessories if I have a screenshot of their website showing that it said that.

Please, can anyone help!

2. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

The new iPods don't include the remote or the case accessories. The 40 GB includes a dock, the 20 GB doesn't.

I had a case and a remote (both of which I bought seperately from my old 5GB iPod), and both broke rather quickly. The belt clip snapped off the case very quickly, and the remote shorted out after some soda got spilled on my shirt.

You're better off buying a case from just about anyone else, and I wouldn't really recommend the remote.

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

What is being referred to is that Apple had a mistake in the early hours of the new iPods being posted. It listed at least the 40gb as having the remote and case.

4. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

the only differences wich are visible on the belgian apple site is that off course the 40GB is +20GB than the 20GB ;-) and that it gets a dock... for the rest no mentioning of any other accessoire is made...

hard luck I guess...

anyway I only use the remote in my car and I hate the fact that the case doesn't provide acces to the buttons... so the remote would be the only thing I'd miss... but I'll stick with my 30GB iPod for now ;-)

J

5. intotheblack macrumors newbie

iPod - Variations in Included Accessories?

I've also just ordered a 40gig iPod through Apple, for £275 with student discount.

It hasn't arrived yet (it was delayed), but I'm now thrilled to learn that it doesn't ship with the remote and case included. I guess I was misled here, as Amazon.co.uk specifically says that these are included in the box (here). I assumed it would be a standard package, no matter where you bought from - unless it's a mistake by amazon of course. :confused:

A bit gay, me thinks, as I probably would have spent the extra £25-30 and bought through Amazon. Their delivery is far quicker, too, even if you choose free delivery option.

6. brevhead macrumors newbie

on that link, amazon says 'Optional Accessories (not included)'

7. intotheblack macrumors newbie

Ah ok, didn't see that before - makes more sense now. But it's still confusing where it says: "Box Contents" at the bottom.

8. Mantat macrumors 6502a

Never trust pictures, read the product description!

This is even more true with Apple product where everyone is so prone to fall for wishfull thinking.

Its the reason all apple products have the technical sheet as the first menu choice.

9. iNetwork macrumors member

I had the same luck only I had the screen shot. I bought a 1g 5 gig ipod and on their site under "hardware" it said all have the touch wheel, not the mechanical wheel. So I ordered and it came with the mechanical wheel. I complained, they had already changed their site. They sent me a 10 gig model and told me not to share my screen shot with anyone. lol. :rolleyes:

10. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

True, but you can't always trust the product descriptions either! :eek:

I've been burnt both ways before. The only thing I've learned is... shop around.

11. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

I don't see how that's gay?

But it probably is a mistake on amazon's part. Apple doesn't offer retailer-BTO options.

paul

12. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

have you tried that website which "archives" the web?

When I find the link in my bookmarks I'll post it (which could be a while...hopefully someone else knows what I'm talking about).

edit: Turns out memory is better than bookmarks, webarchive.org

AppleMatt