Need a skin for my 80GB iPod... recommend me one!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by spriter, Sep 23, 2006.

1. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

After the scratchfest that was my 4G, I decided since my new 80GB screen is video capable, I should make an effort to keep the screen scratch free. I never bothered with cases and skins before so I don't have much of an idea about what is available.

Here's what it needs to be:

- Thin. As thin as possible so it can work in the dock.
    - Complete coverage, except for Dock port, headphone socket and Hold switch.
    - Padding is not essential as I'll try not to drop it. ;)

Today my iSkin Evo3 came and whilst it's good, it adds a fair amount of thickness to the iPod and the full-on plastic front screen is a little overkill. Leather cases, hard cases, or them flimsy all-round films are either too much or too little.

Could do with a thin rubbery skin that has a thin protector over the screen and also a thin protector over the clickwheel whilst still letting me use it. BUT, does such a skin exist?

2. bshelly macrumors newbie

Spriter,

Check out http://www.bestskinsever.com

I ordered a skin for my new 80gb Black iPod and had good results. Just be very careful to line everything up before smoothing out the bubbles as they cannot always be removed without destroying them. May I suggest you buy two so you have an extra set just in case.

Good luck and enjoy your new iPod :D

3. abeyk macrumors regular

abeyk

4. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

The incase neoprene sleeves are great. screen and click wheel protectors, and just a thin layer of neoprene. The bottom velcros open so the iPod can be docked. They're about $20 at target.

5. mdickson macrumors regular

the iSkin is by far the best, but since you don't want something so thick I'd recommend an Agent 18 case.

6. spriter thread starter macrumors 65816

spriter

Thanks guys, I will check those out.

I just realised that if I take the dock adapter out of the universal dock, the iSkinned iPod fits almost perfect although I had to cut off the bottom flap. The only other issue I have is that the thin part covering the clickwheel has 4 slightly raised areas where Menu/<</>>/>|| which seem pointless and get in the way of super-fast 'swirling' :mad: