Need advice about Security updates

Discussion in 'macOS' started by planchook, Mar 14, 2006.

1. planchook macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2006
    I'm new the Macs and I haven't had any really problems until now...
    I’m running OS X 10.3.9. and every time I download a security update and start to install it, the process only gets to 61% and stops. I tried to download the update separately and install it afterwards, but I got the same results. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? I must I do to fix this from reoccurring? Thanks.
  2. cyberddot macrumors 6502

Jul 4, 2003
    in a forest
    How long is it stopped before you do anything, and where in the install, optimization process is the updater when it appears stopped? Is it optimizing? Do you hear the drive working?
  3. planchook thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2006
    It doesn't get a chance to get to the optimizing process. When it gets to 61% installed, the drive seems to be searching for something like it's stuck for about 3min. After it fails to find whatever it is looking for, the status bar just jumps to the end and I get a message telling me that the install failed.
  4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Is it the same update each time? Are other updates working and is it Software Updater that's issuing them? Are you sure it was the appropriate update (not the OSX Server or Tiger version) when you manually found it?

Sorry for all the questions. :eek: