Need advice before buying

Discussion in 'Community' started by cleo, Sep 29, 2002.

1. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

Hey gang. As some of you know, I'm in the process of starting up a small web design business. I'm not an artist nor a photographer, so I don't have a lot of resources in the visual design dep't. I'm thinking of purchasing this kit, but before I do I'd like to see if anyone else owns it and if so, how useful you find it.

Any comments?

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

hey cleo the link you provided is not working for me... is it working for anyone else?

3. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

The link isn't working for me either. I don't think you can actually link to a page from the apple store (once you've started selecting the computer). It'll probably be simpler to just describe it cleo.

4. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Woah Britboy is back.

The Apple Store has sessions for each user, so you can't link that page...

irmongoose

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Well from what it sounds like by your description to me yesterday, it seems like u are trying to achieve "clipping path" operations, which can be done quite easily in Photoshop. If u need it to streamline your workflow, then I say go for it and write it off as a business expense. Personally, I'd rather save the $100 and do the work myself & charge my client. ;)

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'd like to see what it is your considering, maybe a screen shot or something would be enough...

D

7. cleo thread starter macrumors 65816

cleo

Sorry, guys, didn't realize the link wouldn't work. Ack.

So I was originally looking at the Hemera "Big Box of Art". But after checking out the Hemera website, i'm leaning towards the Photo-Objects 50,000 Volume I. http://www.hemera.com/business/po.htm I downloaded the little trial and it seems really cool.