Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexGraphicD

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
New York
I have an old 2006 iMac core 2 duo 2.16 24-inch model that I want to sell it, but has a couple of defective problems probably hardware related and was wondering what would be a fair price for it.

OSX 10.5.8 (no recovery disc available)
Ram 1.5 GB
HDD 150 GB

Problems:
1) Random sound beeping from volume button that is corrected by unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back again.

2) Random shut down of the computer in rare occasions and in order to turn it back on, the power plug needs to be taken off and be plugged back again or else the power button alone won't work.

kschendel

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2014
If you put it up on ebay as-is for parts, I think you can hope to get at least $50, and maybe up to a couple hundred if you happen to find a buyer who needs that model display or case or something. I'd be surprised if you beat $200 but one never knows.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Part it out selling the individual parts (a lot more work), or as mentioned above, just list the entire computer and state the issues. A potential buyer may not how to fix it, or just buy it for the parts.

Reactions: AlexGraphicD

nandor690

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2011
I have an old 2006 iMac core 2 duo 2.16 24-inch model that I want to sell it, but has a couple of defective problems probably hardware related and was wondering what would be a fair price for it.

OSX 10.5.8 (no recovery disc available)
Ram 1.5 GB
HDD 150 GB

Problems:
1) Random sound beeping from volume button that is corrected by unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back again.

2) Random shut down of the computer in rare occasions and in order to turn it back on, the power plug needs to be taken off and be plugged back again or else the power button alone won't work.
Part it out as individual parts. You'll get a lot more money. For example, I could either buy a graphics card for an upgrade for my iMac for $200 OR as I ended up doing, by a iMac (for parts) for $225. And it came with the GPU I wanted. Now I have an extra LCD, extra glass, power supply, CPU, etc......
Which individually all those extra parts would be way more than $25

Reactions: AlexGraphicD
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.