Need Advice! Just bought a PB...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FRRYY, Oct 17, 2005.

  1. FRRYY macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2005
    #1
    Well, after last wednesdays event, and with no news of an update for the Powerbook, I bit the bullet and bought a 15in the next day.


    Now, it seems very likely that the powerbook will get an update.


    I'm kinda in an awkward position....


    I like the Powerbook I have, but in all honesty, I really want to have the most updated version of the Powerbook.

    So my question is, will I be able to go back to the store and trade the one I have now in for an updated version? I figures I'll have to pay some sort of restocking fee, and that really is no big deal to me.

    Anyone have any experience with Returns?

    Any info is appreciated :)
     
  2. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

    ReanimationLP

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2005
    Location:
    On the moon.
    #2
    You bought it retail? If you bought it from Apple, I believe they give a 10% refund after a new model or a price drop comes rolling out after 10 days.
     
  3. kbonnel macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2004
    Location:
    In a nice place..
    #3
    Call the store you bought it from. Look at your sales slip. All the info will probably be there. I bought a 1.25 15" right before the 1.5 15" came out, and I returned my (minus the 10% hit) and ordered a special 1.5.

    Kimo

     
  4. Apple!Freak macrumors 6502a

    Apple!Freak

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    Location:
    East Coast
    #4
    I would most certainly go for the updated version. Though you'll loose about $200 on the restocking fee.
     
  5. Bear macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2002
    Location:
    Sol III - Terra
    #5
    Actually, maybe everyone should wait and see what is actually announced before saying that it's worth it to go for the new model.

    It might just be worth the person getting a refund on the price difference. Or it could be fantastic and worth upgrading.

    My advice for FRRYY is to see what actually gets announced and then decide what you want to do. And at that point, if you have questions about the new model, ask.
     
  6. FRRYY thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2005
    #6
    Thanks guys

    Yea. I just bought it last thursday. I think I will go ahead and wait till wednesday to return it.

    Thing is, I already installed Adobe CS and Dreamweaver/Flash, among other programs..... Before I return it, will they require me to delete any files/progs I installed or created??


    I got it with a student discount, if that makes any difference?
     
  7. Lucky8 macrumors regular

    Lucky8

    Joined:
    May 18, 2005
    #7
    I think there is no restocking fee if you exchange it as long as it's within 14 days.
    You don't need to do anything before sending it back to them. Just repack it back into the box that came with it and bring it to your local UPS or Fedex.
     
  8. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2005
    #8
    Wow that was kinda dum... I guess thats just my opinion though. Send it back I guess they do charge restock I think and with something that expensive its gonna sting.
     
  9. FRRYY thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2005
    #9
    Hmm. sounds good.
    But I actually purchased it through a local store. Will that matter?




    hahah yea. Hindsite is 20/20.
    Live and learn i guess.
     
  10. opusthe2nd macrumors 6502

    opusthe2nd

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2005
    #10
    But why? You all make is sound like the PB that was excellent 2 months ago, will be like having a 433MHz Celeron. Do you REALLY NEED to have the most cutting edge, to get by? Do you really think you are going to notice a difference?
     
  11. aquajet macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2005
    Location:
    VA
    #11
    If the product box is open, then there is a restocking fee, otherwise you get a full refund.
     

Share This Page