Need advice on Bluetooth USB adapter...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Wilson, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Wilson macrumors regular

Can someone recommend a Bluetooth USB adapter that is compatible with a Mac? I need Bluetooth to be able to synchronize my Sony Ericsson cell phone with my computer. If someone can also tell me what program I would use to transfer files from my phone to my computer, that would be appreciated. I'm running 10.3.9 right now.

Thanks in advance.

2. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

As far as I know the only "offical" USB adaptor is the D-link BT120 or something. It's right on Apples site.

3. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

yep i've used that one before. i'd recommend you buy it someplace else besides the apple site. your'll probably find it cheaper else where.

4. Wilson thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone know if this adapter works with a Powermac G5? or just with the older machines?

This is is from the Apple website...

"Full support from Apple
    In addition to the new PowerBook G4 portable line, Bluetooth-enabled computers are available across Apple’s entire CPU product line — including iBook, iMac G5, eMac, Mac mini and Power Mac G5 — as a standard or optional feature. Or enable your previous-generation iBook, iMac or Power Mac by plugging in a D-Link Bluetooth USB Adapter. (For Power Mac G4 and iMac, attach the adapter to the free USB port on your keyboard.) Mac OS X takes care of the rest."

Does anybody know of any other USB Bluetooth to look at? Just want to compare the two.

Thanks.