Need an app to kick me off the computer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by janey, Jan 26, 2006.

1. janey macrumors 603

janey

lately i've been staying up till ridiculous times of the day replying to posts here and coding - essentially typing a lot on the computer. So, I need something that'll kick me off the computer regularly to take stretch breaks and stuff, just so i don't do some serious damage to my arms. Apparently wrist/hand pain isn't enough, because I'm still typing.

My only requirement (ironically enough) is that it have some sort of deal where I can temporarily pause it once in a while (for those times I'm on a tight schedule, and I procrastinate, resulting in 10 page papers being churned out in a couple hours before they're due..). Not quit the app, just pause. If i quit, i might just forget about it in general..

Also, would like recommendations in general. I've seen a couple (AntiRSI, Time Out!) and such, and dunno which one to get. Those two are freeware, and i really dont feel like paying for something like that..

2. Sogo macrumors 6502

3. Vinnie_vw macrumors 6502

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

5. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

:D Nice one - that deserves a medal!

6. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

Oh, you're horrible.
    It doesn't matter what OS I use, I do it anyway, especially if I absolutely need to use it.

So yes, I have, and I still have the same problem, across Mac OS X, Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, Solaris and (names a gazillion OSs).

:rolleyes: :p

i'm gonna try antirsi, it looks prettier than timeout

7. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

You can tell your computer to turn on/off at a certain time in the control panel. It will warn you and you can say yes or no if you need to keep working. Not sure if that helps or not.