Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

upsbrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Hello,
I am in need of somebody to recreate this image in Adobe Illustrator posted below, if it is possible. Needs to be a vectored image. Thanks for any help.

lefty4.jpg

upsbrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
recreated like dif colors and style?\

The only thing that I really need is the Lefthander Incorporated. No back ground color. Pretty much what I am needing is, somebody to create this so it can be applied to a vehicle for decals.

upsbrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Yes, if you could. Is the image vectored? It can't be a jpeg. Needs to be either a vectored image or an electronic art file.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Recreated? I call a redesign, that is horrid....

BTW if this is for a "corporate venture" I find it rather specious to get someone to put time and effort in to recreate it without compensation.

upsbrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Recreated? I call a redesign, that is horrid....

BTW if this is for a "corporate venture" I find it rather specious to get someone to put time and effort in to recreate it without compensation.

It is not for a corporate venture. It is a made up company, I need a logo for. Recreated, redesign, same difference. As you can tell, I am not part of the graphic and design world.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Not meaning to BYB but you could do it yourself easily in Inkscape, it's free and there are plenty of tutorial with how to use it. You can do what you want EASILY by following and tweaking this tutorial >> http://inkscape.org/doc/tracing/tutorial-tracing.html

Still the point I am making is that your not asking for help your asking someone to do it all for you, which I think is a little different...

pintsizemacman

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2010
ohio
ok im vectoring it right now...

alright took me hours but i got it. Vectored in PDF format.
whoops to big i have to get ur email to send it.

pintsizemacman

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2010
ohio
never mind i just downgrade the quality but didn't make a differencehope u like it.tell me if somethings wrong.

Attachments

• lefty4.pdf
    217.4 KB · Views: 191

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
@ Pint, this is the reason you design a logo as a vector in the first place it's easier to convert a vector to bitmap but not the otherway around

@ Alaerian, me too they are good for an LOL... I especially like the ones that start with "I am no designer but create this for my company and it will be good for you CV".

@ Ups, recreating and redesigning aren't the same thing.. I mean start from scratch toss out the initial design because as you've found out it just doesn't replicate thus redesign.

joshuwack

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2009
I didn't realize the MR forums were for charity work. You'll be hard-pressed to find a true graphic designer who will work for free. There are, of course, exceptions to this like pro bono work for non-profits (churches, homeless shelters, etc.). But I highly doubt Lefthander Incorporated is one of these entities.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.