Need assistance finding *specific* item

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by michaelrjohnson, Jul 28, 2005.

1. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Greetings MR, I'm hoping you can help me. I am looking for a specific neoprene sleeve for my 15in PowerBook, but I can't find the exact "model" anywhere.

A year and a half ago, I purchased a Tucano SecondSkin sleeve for a 12in iBook (from Outpost.com, 12in iBook exact model). I had no difficulty purchasing it, and it was the "Apple 9-dot" series of sleeves. About 5 months later, I purchased one for a 12in PB (from Outpost.com, 12in PB exact model).

Fast forward one year: I am trying to purchase an "Apple 9-dot" series ( not "elements" series)Tucano Second Skin neoprene sleeve for the 15in PB (black), but I cannot find it available anywhere online for US consumption. I know that it is still a current Tucano product and is still on their website. This is a link to the active Tucano site that shows the exact part number I am looking for (BF-L15G4). As stated before, I've found these sleeves available in the past, but now cannot find the sleeve I need for the life of me.

Help?

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

umm.. this?
    clink

I just froogle.googled "15" PowerBook Sleeve" and that came up. I don't know about the vendor, so it could be... not reputable.

I hope this helps and I hope you find your case! :)

3. michaelrjohnson thread starter macrumors 68020

Nope, that's the "elements" series sleeve.

Thanks though! :)

4. michaelrjohnson thread starter macrumors 68020

For example, here is a retailer that offers exactly what I'm looking for:Shentech.com But it's listed in their "out-of-stock" category.

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

ooh, same model number

Is this it yet?
    $28 for a sleeve? Googly moogly!

*destroys another pair of jeans for a case*

6. michaelrjohnson thread starter macrumors 68020

Nice eye, Katie!

I was just perusing their site and found the sleeve in-stock there ! I'm going to keep looking for retailers, though. Thanks!

7. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

It seems like you can order it directly from the Tucano site, too. The ordering would be in Italian, it seems, but isn't it that we have the Translation Widget for...? ;)