Need Better Speakers For iBook...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by BodaciousBBQ, Jul 21, 2003.

1. macrumors newbie

Looking for a nice set of SMALL speakers to attach to my iBook. Would prefer non battery operated. Would more prefer USB speakers if such a thing exists. Want to keep it @ 60 - 70 bucks or less if possible. Any ideas?

Thanks...Chuck...Day 5 of owning my 1st mac....

2. macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

I was in the same boat as you. I highly recommend the Altec Lansing AVS 300 speakers. For $30 you get two satellites and a subwoofer and they produce very good sound, especially considering the cost. I'm a music major and I'm very pleased with these speakers, so either my ear sucks or these speakers are good.

If you want to put in a bit of extra money, you can spring for the AVS500, which sports four satellites and a sub. I don't see how it matters though--you don't get REAL surround sound out of them.

If a subwoofer doesn't appeal to you (although I SEROUSLY recommend a sub) get the AVS200. Same as the 300s only without a subwoofer, and a little bit larger.

3. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

checl out monsoon audio
    http://www.monsoonaudio.com/index_mmedia.htm
    they have great sound and they are affordable for the quality.

I would suggest you get accesories you like so they last for a long time and perhaps exceed your budget by just a little if you can afford it.

4. acj
    macrumors 6502

bah, no sub

I want a nice set of small speakers too, but I really don't want a sub. A while ago, BOSE had some nice 2 piece speakers (although I hate bose). I want something with very minimal wire clutter. Any suggestions?

5. macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

at the apple stores, they have little speakers that plug into any headphone port and even fold up. they are only 59$. i'll try to find the link later. they're made by Sony.

6. macrumors 6502a

beez7777

7. macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh