Need C/C++ Compiler for Jaguar

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by slooksterPSV, Oct 16, 2004.

1. macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Hey I've been searching all over the internet trying to find a C or C++ compiler for Mac. If someone could direct me to a link to the direct download (cause everything else it just leading me into loops) that would be great. Thank you for your time.

2. macrumors regular

iBert

You should have project builder, i think it's called in Jaguar. It's Apples IDE. Look for a folder in Applications->Installers->Developers Tools

Here you should find an installer for it.

Another way is open a terminal. go to Applications->Utilities
    here you'll find the terminal.

once you have you code written, i.e. you *.c or *.cc or *.cpp files
    use gcc or g++ filename.
    gcc is for C
    g++ is for C++
    but, I also think you can use either for both C and C++. What I mentioned befoer is the recommendations.

3. macrumors 68000

Fukui

Same one that everyone else uses... GCC!
    Or you could buy XLC from IBM.

4. thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Thanks for trying you guys, but the person below this one (FUIK) or something, needs to read the post first. I said a direct link to it, not just saying oh well people use GCC. I know this. I asked if someone could point me to a link that is the direct download to it. Duh thats why I asked. Oh and the person who referred the installer. Thank you, but I don't have it :(. I'm mad at FUIK we'll call the person right now. I asked for a direct link to it.

5. macrumors G3

iMeowbot

For Jaguar, you need to download it from Apple. Go to http://connect.apple.com and make an ADC account for yourself. The free account will give you download access to all the tools you need.

Oh yeah -- skip down to the older developer tools for something that works on Jaguar. Xcode is for Panther and later.

6. thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Thank you I found it, thx for all of your help. Its a 301 Mac Binary. With Jaguar I only got 2 eMac CD's so I didn't get a Devel. CD