need coffee maker recommendation for office

Discussion in 'Community' started by jkaz, Sep 11, 2004.

1. jkaz macrumors 6502

i need to get me a coffee maker for me at the office here.

any ideas???

thanks!

2. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Get a month of Gevalia and take theirs.

If you want to buy, Bunn's are great the Cadillacs of coffee makers. They are ore pricey. I had a Black and Decker that I loved until the pot broke. I got a cheapo one for as much as the replacement pot.

The coffee that goes into it and the maintenance of it are more important than the brand.

3. Archaeopteryx macrumors regular

it all depends on how much you want to spend...

Bunn is the best standard coffee maker around, imo.

Sunbeam is the cheapest.. Both will work.. but sunn will be more rugged and faster...

If you want a expresso machine.. Id recommend a Saeco. Great machine.. with a 1 button operation :D

4. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Used standard drip machine from Braun.... Used various versions on 2 continents and 4 countries. I think thay sell for less than $20. But please don't think I have low coffee standards, I always use my own European import ... made from Indonesian beans :rolleyes:

5. JRam macrumors member

JRam

I'm in a funny situation with a coffee maker of my own...

I while ago I got one of those Senseo coffee makers that uses the pods. I do love how it looks and it makes coffee right quick. Although the whole pod system is slightly confusing for me. Has anyone else tried the pods and are they pleased with it? Also does anyone know of any places that sell chai tea pods? I found once place... although it was also coupled with the words "rarest and most expensive" and Id rather not have a cup of chai that costs over 100 bucks for the pods. If I wanted to do something like that I would just take up cocaine since its cheaper and with the money saved go to starbucks.....

6. jkaz thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for all the tips.

but it seems like the gevalia offer gets me to packs of coffee and a free
    coffee maker.

which will be 15 bucks a month to stay in the offer.

it seems like there is a referrel program as well, so if you want to get the bonus, let me know and i will wait for your referrel.

sunday night central at 10pm i will wait until

thanks!

7. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

I'm a purist!
    I got an Italian Rancilio!

Looks great and makes great coffee!

8. markh macrumors member

DJY: Another Canberra'n :)

I have a saeco fully automatic. So far the best coffee machine for the home i have own (previous was a "kraps") which seemed to always have a "burnt" taste to the coffee

9. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

Hey mate!
    Good to see there are more and more of us in here (and around Canberra!)

10. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i use like a 20 year old mr coffee from sears. makes decent coffee and when i want really good coffee i just go to starbucks. dont flame, im not a purist or anything lol :p

11. dotnina macrumors 6502a

I like the Starbucks coffee machines. They're built tough, look good, and carry good warranties (at least their espresso machines do).

Depending on what you want to spend, you can get one of their machines for $30 - $100+.

http://www.starbucks.com/retail/dripBrewers.asp

12. bootedbear macrumors 6502

bootedbear

13. AndiePandie macrumors regular

How big of a coffee maker are you looking for? My current coffee maker is great, IMO! :) It's by Hamilton Beach and it's called The BrewStation. Look under the "coffeemakers 10-12cup" section.

Products

14. superkatalog macrumors regular

i like the swiss jura coffe machines. they are well designed, make great coffee and are easy to clean. but quite expensive.

jura

Attached Files:

15. ecche macrumors regular

I very much enjoy my Jura S9 automatic coffee/espresso/capuccino-machine. Swiss-made, rugged, produces excellent coffee. On the downside it WAS rather expensive and the TCO includes the regular replacements of scale-protection filters.