Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RRack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2007
Hello all. I'm new here but I've read tons of useful information on this forum site for a long time. Anyway, here it goes...I'm looking for two things for my MDD which I'm in the process of trying to get some quiet fans for...The small 1/8" mic input jack on the back has physically broken. I am looking for a burned up logic board so I can scavenge it from. The mic input and speaker output jacks are actually contained within the same unit. I've actually been doing some research and just happened to open up my son's ancient iMac 350mhz. It has the same plug/jacks. However, I saw a 233 board on ebay which is different. They are side by side rather than stacked. Anyway, anyone with a burned up iMac, PowerMac, MDD, or this actual part please let me know.

Oh yeah, I'm also trying to find a copper heatsink from the dual 1.42 MDDs. I understand that they cool far better than my stock aluminum. Any tips on where I can find one? Or by chance anyone have an extra and wants to sell it?

Hopefully, my panaflos get here soon...this dust buster has become very annoying as the temps warm up here in Texas.

Thanks much,
Robert W. Rackley
Crime Scene Investigator

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.