Need Emergency Help With Quicktime, File, and iDVD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BluesGit, Jun 16, 2005.

1. BluesGit macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,
    I'm brand new here and I would usually speand the day scouring the internet trying to find this answer but this weekend one of my good friends was in an accident and is now in ICU. I wanted to do something that might help cheer him up, so I downloaded one of his favorite shows onto my powerbook and am trying to burn it to DVD, it is in Avi format. and when I play it one my powerbook the video comes through but no audio, and the reverse problem (audio but no video) happens when I try to watch it on my PC. It will lock iDVD up everytime I try to burn it, does anyone have any ideas what I can do, please, any help will be greatly appreciated

2. slagonnee macrumors member

DivX Doctor

Try running the .AVI through DivX Doctor:

http://doctor.3ivx.com/download.html

You'll end up with a QT Movie that you can then use in iDVD.

Hope that helps and that your friend is feeling better.

3. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

As somebody on this forum should do, and as somebody that has to enforce DRM, I might suggest a Netflix membership. Get some people together and get a pre-paid membership. I was wacked by a car while on my bicycle (I think, I was really damaged and don't have any memory of it.), Netflix was fast and really helped with the recovery.

That said DivXDr is pretty cool! I think that iDVD's limit to a single media clip lenght is 1hr, so you might have to do a little trimming.

Sorry about the friend. Good luck.

4. BluesGit thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys so much

Thanks guys,
    I tried Divx doctor and that worked out the problem, I cannot thank you enough for being so quick to respond and help me solve the problem, thanks again