Need For Speed Underground 2 For Mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by BurtonCCC, May 2, 2005.

1. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Any news/rumors that it's going to happen? I hope that it does... :(

Daniel

2. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

Haven't heard anything about it, but who knows..

3. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I don't it will be ported for the mac. It's been a long time since a racing game came out for the mac.

Who needs racing games anyway? :p

4. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

NFSU2 is great on the console, specifically the Xbox... no need for a Mac port.

5. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

I have it on the PS2 and I must say that I prefer using the control pads on games like this rather then on a keyboard

6. cubist macrumors 68020

Electronic Arts refuses to release anything for the Mac, at least in the Need for Speed line. This is historical. None of the NFS games have ever come out for the Mac. It's extremely unlikely that any ever will.

Racing games on the Mac are few and far between. You can get Total Immersion Racing; it's supposed to be pretty good. You can download Racer, it crashes all the time. There's a Nascar game, and there are games like Wipeout 2097 and Spy Hunter.

7. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

i agree lol i had it for computer but my fingers get all locked up real fast compared to my XBOX

8. Stratification macrumors regular

Why in the world would you buy a game and play on the keyboard? Get a wheel or a joystick at least. Graphics are so much better on the PC, would be nice to have for the Mac though . . .

9. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

lol don't know why i havn't dosn't really matter anymore anyways since i getting a mac...

Not really Graphics on Xbox and PC are really really close imo i can't even tell the difference...

10. Stratification macrumors regular

Ok, probably should have been more specific. Graphics are similar (effects, rendering, textures, etc.) resolution on PC is hugely better. Just can't get very sharp when the display is a TV. Of course we could probably debate the Computer vs. Console for quite some time. I like PC games, but I certainly can see the appeal of dropping a game in and just playing, no worries about compatibility.

11. benpatient macrumors 68000

yeah...1600x1200 and 640x480 look EXACTLY the same....

I've got this bridge you might be interested in, too...
    :confused:

12. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Are you kidding ?!?!?!? :confused: :p

I have a PC almost purely for the love of racing games! (oh, an Half Life 2 and Far Cry... ok).
    But Collin McRae Rally 2005, Richard Burns Rally, DTM Race Driver 2 are gr8 games. If you have a speedy PC with a good FF wheel these games give you ages of fun!. Especially the rally games are superb. So realistic....

13. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

lol i hope he is kidding racing games rule! When i get a mac i could always use our family PC to play games if Mac won't...