Need foreign iTunes credit/gift certificate? Look here!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by katie ta achoo, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Since being on here, I've helped 3 (or maybe more) people get iTunes cards for the US store. seeing this post, I thought we could make a thread specifically for it, instead of clogging up the marketplace even more. :)

So, I'm available to do US cards. Just IM me and we can do it realtime.. just don't pay with an eCheck.. those take 3 or 4 days to clear via paypal.

To cover paypal fees, a $10 US gift certificate is $10.61 and a $20 is $20.91, all in USD. (cost from ppcalc.com)

This isn't some strange lucrative business that I've cooked up, it's just being helpful.

So, post here if you need a card, post here if you're available to do it. Be helpful. It's good karma. :)

2. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what exactly is the benefit of getting iTMS cards from other countries? Is it cheaper than using your own country's store? Does it give you access to music that would otherwise not be available to you?

I'm a bit confused :eek:

3. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Some content, such as tv shows, is only available in the US.

4. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

You can only buy from the country you're in, with a normal account. People who wish to buy from the US store, for example, make an account that is funded by the iTunes gift certificate from the US store.

I think it's so odd that iTunes won't let you buy from other countries... this is just a way to circumvent that.

5. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I'll do UK ones. :)

I am trustworthy, me and Katie (OP) did business last night.

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Some countries don't have iTMS. Officially NZ doesn't, although the Australian shop works nearly perfectly ("nearly" because you unnecessarily pay Australian GST). However, as mentioned above, the TV shows are only available in the US :(

7. pianojoe macrumors 6502

pianojoe

What a splendid idea!

I'd like to point out that it's not only video shows! Half of the music I wanna buy is only available at the U.S. ITMS, not the German ITMS.

8. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Katie deserves a bonus for what shes doing.. so eventhough she will reject any offers of a few $'s to top up her PayPal account.. ignore her, and chuck an extra $2/$3 in there...

If anyone wants UK-credits, let me know..:)

9. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

fantastic idea Katie, and generous of you to offer! I'll be taking you up on it for sure. Apart from the UK site not having TV series, its become apparant that some music videos that it should have it doesn't - yet the US store does!
    Just need to figure out how to get TV shows & music videos purchased on the US store into my UK account...

Will contact you later about how flush I'm feeling ;)

10. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

There is a very big difference in choice of music from one country store to another... in other words - you can only buy the same music on iTunes as you can in the cd-shops on the main shopping streets in your country.

So this thread is a very good initiative :)

A

11. mpw Guest

Not that I'm bothered but;

iTMS T&C

While it wouldn’t necessarily stop me, it might stop me advertising a service for other to use on the internet.

12. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

Ah! Damn you, mpw! I was specifically not reading the TOS so I could claim ignorance if it ever came up! ;) :p (Sarcasm, Apple legal! Please don't kill me!)

but also, the way I'm reading it, it sounds like gifting someone a card is OK for me, but not OK for them to use.

That's quite the chin-scratcher.

13. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Katie, all your doing is supplying people with Apple gift certificates, to people who cannot obtain them themselves.

As far as you know, they live in the US, I'm sure. ;)

14. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

They don't share the same account. You have a US account, and a UK one.

You need a US account with a US address though, to set one up. :)

You then have, say, britishaccount@hotmail.com for the UK store, and americanaccount@hotmail.com for the US store.

15. mpw Guest

Opps, sorry.

Of course as long as you don't 'know' where these people are you're doing nothing wrong.

I'm in Jersey for example and I'm pretty sure that Apple's entire legal team couldn't fight a defense claiming an American citizen was ignorant of world geography and assumed Jersey was in the US. I'm pretty sure the further from the east and west coast you get the defense becomes stronger too until you're average web-toed, no-thumbed hick could claim no prior knowledge of a world beyond the US boarders and still win the case.:p

That is a joke.....honest....probably.

16. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

Hmm ;)

Aaaand you've instilled the scare of Apple legal into me. Thanks.

*goes off to ask a mod to close this thread*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.