Need Friends for Metroid Prime Hunters

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by litosclone, Mar 28, 2006.

1. macrumors member

I've been playing online matches on and off for a while now, I've added some rivals and now would like to add some friends. I think it would be cool to play against other people from MR. Anyway my Friend Code is in my signature. Please post so I can add you.

2. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

My DS will eventually (supposed to be yesterday, but maybe today... damn FedEx and their complete lack of competence from the drivers up to the CEO) get here, and I'll post mine. I am going to see about starting a MR DS tournament for both Metroid and MK, if the large group of people in the MK thread are still playing.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I at least have plans for a MR Metroid group. :)

3. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Soon as i get mt DS lite then i will jam with you...until then check back for updates;)

Bless

4. macrumors Core

Dagless

Not long till my Metroid arrives :)

I swear. I'd play this if the DS didn't have a backlight. I've become addicted to HL2 and Quake 3 deathmatches over the past few weeks. If I can take my addiction out and about then woo!

5. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Heh, looks like you're the only one with Metroid on MR! FedEx claims to have left my DS at my apartment's office today, but I will find out if they are full of crap (again) in an hour or so. I've got Metroid already (I expected the DS to get here Friday, but, well, see my last post) so I will hopefully post back here later this evening.

6. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I got it....but i sold my DS to get the lite so i'm DS-less until then...oh well.

Bless

7. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

4896 9383 6895

I have it :D

8. macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

The game won't hit Australia untill the 25th of May :( Maybe I should import, but I've never done it before and I don't think I want to give it a try.

9. macrumors newbie

I have Hunters too.

Add me ill add you guys. codes in my sig.

10. thread starter macrumors member

lucasban & GFLPraxis - you've been added, I can't wait for everyone else to join. I look forward to hunting.:D

11. macrumors 6502a

ijimk

i too will probably be playing hunters once the DS lite comes out....:cool: my name will be my sig

12. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Ok, My DS came, code is 1589 8181 1958. Sadly the place I bought it from sent Mario 64 and not Mario Kart like they were supposed to, so this is my only WiFi game.

I just got done playing through the first level and my hands are killing me! My left hand has a cramp in it and my right elbow is sore from the awkward angle I have to put it in to work the touch screen. A large stylus would probably help, so I'll look in to that... but, man, this will definately keep me from playing to much. Back to Nintendogs, I guess!

13. macrumors 6502

My friend code is 2964-2028-7119
    I'll add the rest of you sometime later.:p

14. macrumors 6502

Uh, I think your code is 4 digits too long, check it again.;)

15. macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

sorry to be off topic, but I've got an 802.11B router in my room, and I've got a DS, I'm gonna be getting a DS wifi game next (MK, MPH, or animal crossing) do I need to get anything, or will it work iwth my current wireless network, thanks!

16. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Hm you are correct.. that's my WiFi ID... uh, where do I find my Friend Code? :confused:

EDIT: n/m it's 1589 8181 1958 :)

17. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Go to www.nintendowifi.com and check your router against the list of approved routers. If it's not on there you can set up your Airport card to share the connection with your DS, if it's getting an internet connection via the ethernet port.

Rob

18. thread starter macrumors member

mrgreen4242 & Oblivious your added to my list

19. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Same... I've added all the codes in this thread to my list!

20. macrumors newbie

i added all of the new people to my list too

21. macrumors regular

My Lite is going to be here in 3 hours, and I can't wait. I already have Metroid waiting, and I'll post up my friend code and add you guys tonight. The only thing that I can kill in Halo is myself with the rocket launcher, so I'm going to need some practice at Metroid (and all FPS in general), but it ought to be fun.

Cheers

22. thread starter macrumors member

I'm the same way -- I'm really bad at FPS, but it's still a blast to play online.

23. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I'm actually usually pretty good at FPS games, when the maps are simple/open. I tend to get lost in the more maze like maps. But I find that MP:H is a different skillset than other FPS games, with the firing finger on the "other" hand among the differences. It will take awhile to get any good at it all.

I lost my first "random" matchup 7 to -3 last night. :p Still fun, though!

24. macrumors 6502

Okay, I finally got everybody here added to my friends list.:) I look forward to battling some MR members!:cool:

25. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

So is anyone else suffering form massive hand cramps playing Metroid? My left hand ACHES after 15 or 20 minutes from having to squish up to get the D Pad and the L button at the same time and hold most of the weight of the system...

Any tips for how to hold the DS to play this better? I'm starting to feel like the DS is the new Virtual Boy (from an ergonomic standpoint). Maybe games should be D-Pad/Buttons OR touchpad only, not a combination of both?

Oh, and we need a scheduled time to all be on. :p