Need Help/Advice FedEx Claims

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by JackSYi, May 29, 2005.

1. JackSYi macrumors 6502a

Feb 20, 2005
    I was trading my 15" Powerbook via FedEx Ground. Within a few days, the recipient called me, telling me that FedEx had damaged my package. I called FedEx and they told me that the package was completely destroyed based on the damage report they had done. They told me I should file a claim with them; I had insured it for $2000 with real value at $2013.23. I have all supporting documents proving I had purchased the Powerbook.

Anyone with any experience know if FedEx will give me my claims, and how fast? Any response will be appreciated.
  2. alexstein macrumors 6502a

Aug 23, 2004
    they already admitted that the package is completly destroyed. you just have to file a claim with them. i believe they are pretty good about that. it might take a while to get your money back since it is a large company and that you have to file a claim that has to get evaluated.

best of luck!
  3. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Yikes, dont you just hate it when stuff gets banged up and broken when its shipped or mailed. :mad:
    Hopefully they act quickly and handle your claim right away. Sorry to hear about your problem w/ FedEx, they usually are a good company.
  4. JackSYi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 20, 2005
    Thanks everyone for your advice and support, it means alot! :D :D :D