NEED HELP, (ASAP) wish HANDBRAKE or MAC THE RIPPER

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by General D, Jul 20, 2006.

1. General D macrumors newbie

Hi folks, I'm leaving for Europe in a few hours and wanted to watch some dvd's on the plane, and (while i'm there), so i've been backing up some films.

Anyhow...the one film, when using handbrake, or MACTHE RIPPER, they both only copy the film from a midpoint. I'm not getting the first 20-30 minutes or so. It's really annoying....would anyhone have any clue as to why this is happening?

Thanks

2. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

3. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Is your DVD scratched at all?

If you've only got a few hours, you're not gonna be able to get that many DVDs encoded in time (if you're wanting to use Handbrake).

4. General D thread starter macrumors newbie

The DVD is not scratched..it works just fine with the macs dvd player. I know handbrake has two types of encoders...would that make a difference?

I'm currently trying to rip it via my pc with Magic DVD Ripper. I'll see what it will be able to do, but i'm clue-less as to what would be causing the probleme.

I have 9 hours to figure out the problem, if magic dvd does not work.

5. General D thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, Magic DVD ripper, was able to do the entire movie, in windows media player format....still don't know what Handbrakes or Mactheripper problem was.

6. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

eww, windows media sucks.

i just use hand-break video_TS folders are annoying to do anything with and way too big.

7. General D thread starter macrumors newbie

Hector, I know what you mean about media player..I hate it to..but what am I supposed to do...it ripped it, while handbrake gave me a half ass film.

8. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Have you definitely got the latest version of Handbrake?