need help big time!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by wilmor42, Jun 22, 2005.

1. wilmor42 macrumors regular

Feb 28, 2005
    right.. im leaving the tiny island of jersey and moving to the uk in september and im having a bit of a dilema.. im selling my powerbook (see below) and i want to buy something more powerful to last me till the end of uni because i will be poor for the next few years... Now.. do i get a mac mini 1.42? (or whatever new rev comes out soon) or a Powermac G5.. Im not fussed about the intel move as ppc will be supported for a long time..
    i can get a PM G5 dual 2ghz for £954 which is real cheap or a mac mini for near on £400 after i upgrade to bluetooth and AE.. obviously the powermac is more of a beast but my uni will have 100 G5's by september so if i need the power (will be editing in final cut and producing music in digital performer) i can just use theirs and settle with a mac mini for my dorm hooked up to my 20" ACD.. But i dont know how im gonna get all my stuff there, a mac mini will fit in my backpack if needed, but a G5 will have to be shipped seperately to the uk and i dont know whether its worth the hasstle.. but im thinking i'll enjoy the power of the dual 2 in my room as opposed to the mini.. someone help... what do i do? moving a G5 from country to country dont seem as safe as a mini.. aargh!! help!
  2. liketom macrumors 601

Apr 8, 2004