Need help burning MP3 CD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gadgetgirl85, Jan 5, 2007.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I am getting a new car and it has an MP3 player in it and apparently can play CDs with 100 tunes or so. I am trying to burn a CD in itunes it is only 216.5 MB. When I go to burn it says it will not fit on one audio CD and have to be split over multiple CDs. Am I doing something wrong? I'm using a regular CD-R CD

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Set the burning preferences to "mp3 CD".

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Do you have "MP3 CD" selected as the disc format in iTunes Preferences > Advanced > Burning?

4. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

5. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Oooh, let me lay some info on you about Car MP3 players.

Ok, the way that the car recognizes songs and albums and things is by different directories (i.e. folders) and therefore to have an album separated apart from another album you need to have the songs in different folders.

iTunes fails to do this. What iTunes does when you burn an MP3 CD is that it lumps everything together in the same directory so when you put the CD in your car you get a CD with 130 songs on it (quite a pain to navigate through).

Therefore I will suggest this: Burn a CD through the Finder by creating a burn folder and dragging certain albums (or songs, or playlists) into separate folders in the burn folder. I really hope that makes sense.

This is what I experienced using a Honda Civic 2006 MP3 player and it is the ONLY one I have used, so I can't vouch for all MP3 player's in cars.

What car are you getting?

6. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I am getting a Toyota Yaris on Thursday :D I've bought it just have to pick it up